Pittman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Pittman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pittman

Postby Homeless » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:22 pm

The Buccaneers reported for training camp Friday and some of the first questions posed to head coach Jon Gruden were regarding his troubled running back. “Michael Pittman is our starter,” Gruden told the Orlando Sentinel. “And I want to repeat, we like Michael Pittman.” Pittman faces two felony counts of aggravated domestic assault stemming from a May 31 arrest in Phoenix. He was on probation at the time for a domestic incident two years ago; a hearing to determine whether he violated his probation is set for August 18.

We’ll check back frequently to see if Gruden is singing the same tune. He has no choice really but to say Pittman is a part of the team because they’d set themselves up for a grievance by the NFL Players Association if they cut him for any reason other than performance. Now that camp has begun, Gruden can start gauging his performance.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby DUKE » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:05 am

I would like to see Thomas Jones win the job over Pittman, and I think he'll end up with the better year of the 2 rbs.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:55 pm

Roger Mills, St. Petersburg Times

RB Michael Pittman remains the starter at running back, backed up by Aaron Stecker, Thomas Jones and Terry Kirby, in that order.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers