Andre Davis Out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andre Davis Out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andre Davis Out?

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:38 pm

It may be a reach considering he is learning a new offense, but this might be a good week for Bryant to establish himself.

http://www.xposed.com/headline_news/16_ds_1121970.aspx

Browns May Be Without Andre' Davis
06:19 PM EST - October 20, 2004

The Associated Press

BEREA, Ohio
Wide receiver Andre' Davis has a cast on his left foot and may miss Cleveland's game Sunday's against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Davis irritated a toe injury in last week's win over the Cincinnati Bengals. Earlier in the game, he tied an NFL record with a 99-yard touchdown catch.

"We're just taking it day to day," Davis said. "I expect to be out there."

However, with the Browns' bye week coming up, it would be hard to imagine the team risking Davis doing more damage against one of the NFC's best teams.

Davis' injury, which he described as "turf toe", has come at a bad time for the Browns, who traded wide receiver Quincy Morgan to the Dallas Cowboys for Antonio Bryant on Monday.

Morgan's departure, coupled with Davis' injury, could leave Cleveland without its two starting wide receivers this week.

If Davis has to sit, Dennis Northcutt and Andre King would likely start. Bryant could be pressed into playing right away, and the team could activate Frisman Jackson, who was added to the active roster on Wednesday.

The Browns may also be without starting right guard Kelvin Garmon, who injured a leg muscle against the Bengals. Garmon was held out of team drills on Wednesday.

Paul Zukauskas or Melvin Fowler could replace Garmon, who is listed as questionable - a 50 percent chance of playing - against the Eagles.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby justinpsu1979 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:53 pm

Or Dennis Northcutt, since he knows the offense
justinpsu1979
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:55 pm

insert antonio bryant.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:06 pm

Will Bryant replace Davis as the #1 WR option on that team this year?
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:37 pm

Ricky_Christ wrote:Will Bryant replace Davis as the #1 WR option on that team this year?

Its hard to say, the Browns are always an up in the air team, a clearcut answer to playing time and role can never be determined when it comes to Cleveland. I've always thought that Bryant has a fair bit of talent, and I could easily see him becoming the top option out of that WR corps.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk