Serious Peerless Price talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Serious Peerless Price talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:05 pm

dgroundhog wrote:I'm not going to be going after the Price's and Hines Ward's.

Both will have decent seasons...Hines is a clearcut top10 WR.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yianni2112 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:31 pm

Price has speed and talent. He would be a good receiver on any team.

Now that he's with Vick should make thing interesting.

I own him in a dynasty league and hoping for big things from him now that his the man in Atlanta.

Moulds is a great receiver what else does he have to do I would rank him a top 5 for sure.
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby khicks26 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:57 pm

cornbread you must be from d town and tune in to WDFN. i am from the d town area myself. i think vick will be much better than last year and price should be that much better because of him. bledsoe was not that great at the end of last year and price still had great numbers. draft him before someone else gets him he has good speed and vick has a great arm.
khicks26
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Homeless » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:29 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
dgroundhog wrote:I'm not going to be going after the Price's and Hines Ward's.

Both will have decent seasons...Hines is a clearcut top10 WR.

So many people not giving Ward the respect he is due.

Long as Maddox performs like he did last year, Ward is minimum top 10 WR
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby drunkenmonkey » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:26 pm

I think Price will have about the same stats as last year. My reasoning? He's going from a number 2 to a number 1 position, where he should be the main guy more often. However, he's also got a new system to learn and a QB that is not as much of a pure passer as Bledsoe was. I think those things will even out and his stats will remain about the same.

That being said, I also think Vick has been working a lot more on his passing skills because I've heard that his coaches are a little nervous about him taking off down the field all the time. Just because the guy can run, doesn't mean he can't pass. Look for Vick's passing stats to improve and his running stats to drop off a little bit this year. Just my educated guess.
It's time to roll the dice!
drunkenmonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:48 pm

khicks26 wrote: bledsoe was not that great at the end of last year and price still had great numbers.

You must be referring to after the bye week (week 10), when the only TD passes he caught were the two against Miami (the 2 receptions for 2 tds day). Thats right, 6 of his last 7 games he went scoreless. During that stretch run he averaged less than 60 yds a game. Try winning your league championship with those numbers.

Seriously, take a look at his numbers, people. He only had 5 100+ yd games. Who did he get those from? MIN, HOU, DET, OAK (when both the woodsons were out with injuries), and NE (the team that went out and determined their weakest link was their secondary so they targeted that this offseason). Do you see a pattern here?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Sure do.....

Postby massraider » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:16 pm

Yeah, I see a pattern. Blsedsoe faded at the end.

I'm only kidding of course, but that 7 game stretch constitutes a pattern to you? Sorry, I need more than that.

Also, no more running around in the frigid outdoors. It's gonna be 72 degreeas and air-conditioned for Mr. Price.
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TyceBunn » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:30 pm

botton line is that price has alot to add to this team. he his a legitamate wr threat. vick has options other than him so he doesent have to carry the load. time will tell how well he handles the role of being a no.1 rec. does he have the potential to hit 1100 & 8-10 tds..no doubt......will he put up TO,Moss, Or harrison #'s? no.
TyceBunn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Sure do.....

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:58 pm

massraider wrote:Also, no more running around in the frigid outdoors. It's gonna be 72 degreeas and air-conditioned for Mr. Price.

Great point. I bet that does help him, and I didnt think about that. That will bump him up a spot or two on my list.

Other than that, you guys have made some valid points, but not a lot to change my mind. I am not going to jump on the Vick bandwagon as quickly as everyone else, and Im certainly not going to go after a guy who has had one good half season to his credit just because he's Vick's new guy. I am a numbers junkie, and the numbers I see dont match the hype hes been given.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Cornbread.....

Postby massraider » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:08 pm

See, I agree with you in a sense. I don't think Price is going to be a top 4 receiver, not at all. But the hype? If anything I see a backlash against Price. His numbers were right in line with Moulds last year, and I see Moulds ranked #4 on a lot of cheat sheets. Those same sheets have Price ranked around 15-19. Too high for Moulds, too low for Price, IMO.

The Vick hype has deifintely been there. The thing with Vick is, it totally depends on your scoring system. In my league his ground yardage will help him, so in my league, yeah, he'll be a stud. Last year he was the 4th QB ranked--fantasy-wise. But there are so many QB's this year.....

And if rushing yards are 20 yards a point, or you don't get points until 50 yards, something like that, Vick's value drops dramatically.
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk