Walker
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:59 pm

warrick95 wrote:Neither the running nor passing game can work without a good offensive line. Miami has a porous offensive line.

Best WR corps next year...in no particular order:

Detroit:
Roy Williams and a healthy Charles Rogers will be incredible. Teams can't defend that. Az-Zahir Hakim is one of the most lethal WRs out of the slot. Note that Streets only signed a one-year deal, so will likely be gone after next year.

STL:
The deepest corps in the league for sure, with Holt, Bruce, McDonald, Curtis, and Looker. McDonald and Curtis are both sleek receivers that are quick and thus hard to defend for LBs and safeties, which is where they get their mismatches. Holt and Bruce are superb route runners who know how to get open and also catch the ball.

Arizona:
Another interesting pick, I know, but hear me out. Boldin and Fitz are two of the most physical receivers in the game. Both are magnets for attention, which is impossible for teams to do on two receivers. You'll see some of that when Quan comes back this year. This will be amazing, because both are so strong and sure-handed. It'll be a joy to watch them play together. Next year will be another year developed for them. Expect them to be a top tandem in the future. Now if Arizona can just get a better QB and running game...Bryant Johnson can be a solid #3...if he can surpass Williams and Kasper, which can't be too hard. Looks like he wasn't a great pick in the 1st round.

Pittsburgh:
Ward, Burress, Randle El with Roethlisberger at the helm. Pretty good. Ward's one of the best receivers in the game and probably the top possession receiver (well, with TO). He can block, too. Burress is a great compliment as a deep threat, since he's 6'6". Randle El is so hard to take down out of the slot. He's very elusive. In terms of actual trios, I think this one is best.
Note: Is Burress' deal up after this year? If so, then take Pitt out.

Cincinnati:
I have to give some love to my favorite team. CJ is the man. Warrick enters his contract year and if he's healthy, he's Chad's perfect compliment as the possession receiver and 3rd down target for Carson Palmer. Kelley Washington has been disappointing thus far, unable to captalize on Warrick's injury. If he can learn how to catch balls properly, he's got the tools to be a starting receiver.

Wow warrick that analysis was pretty damn good.

These are the "threes" that are at the top IMO...

Going by talent alone Miami's trio is definitely one of the tops in the league. All three guys would make viable #1s in other teams and if they can straighten their offense out they may create very significant production.

St Louis as warrick said, has a great group of WRs. There is no clearcut #3, so I guess it can't be the best threesome. But they have a slew of other capable threats, definitely the deepest in the league.

Pittsburgh definitely should earn some praise, Randle El is very well suited as a 3rd WR and Hines and Plax definitely bring immense talent to the table.

Indy's dynamic attack might be the best, but whether the unit will remain intact next year is in serious question. I'm not sure if Wayne and Stokley would be great factors without the presence of Marv.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:03 pm

Yall'z forgetan' 'bout da Tampa Bay Bucs

Clayton
Some Guy
Some Guy
Perpetually Injured Jurevicious
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:06 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Yall'z forgetan' 'bout da Tampa Bay Bucs

Clayton
Some Guy
Some Guy
Perpetually Injured Jurevicious

ok BH... that one was good... ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Black Hole » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:39 am

Raiders.

Not only do their guys catch some passes, the Db's on the other team also haul in a bunch of balls.
-- The Autumn wind is a Raider --
-- Pillaging just for fun --
-- He'll knock you 'round and upside down --
-- And laugh when he's conquered and won --
The Black Hole
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:41 am

The Black Hole wrote:Raiders.

Not only do their guys catch some passes, the Db's on the other team also haul in a bunch of balls.

not that you're biased or anything :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mad_llama » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:32 am

i have to say detroit Rogers, Williams, Hakim. it will be like St. Louis in their prime.
mad_llama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:42 am

No doubt Miami will have a talented crew. In terms of just talent level for the three guys, I'd put them tied with Arizona in 3rd behind Pittsburgh and Detroit....

But, the Miami offense will not be worth a damn until they get that line straight... Their line is simple horrible... They would be very wise next year to trade down the first pick in the draft they are bound to have to pick up an additional 2nd rounder... Then they need to get busy drafting offensive linemen like you've never seen... And they probably should strongly look at dealing away one of those WR's for a lineman, as well...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:37 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:No doubt Miami will have a talented crew. In terms of just talent level for the three guys, I'd put them tied with Arizona in 3rd behind Pittsburgh and Detroit....

But, the Miami offense will not be worth a damn until they get that line straight... Their line is simple horrible... They would be very wise next year to trade down the first pick in the draft they are bound to have to pick up an additional 2nd rounder... Then they need to get busy drafting offensive linemen like you've never seen... And they probably should strongly look at dealing away one of those WR's for a lineman, as well...

Exactly. Trade down. Draft Alex Barron instead of a skill player. Get something else in the second round. Winston might slip seriously due to that season ending injury.

The thing with Miami's wideouts...is that I'm not sure how they'll all fit together. Other teams' players all have roles...like in STL. Holt is the deeper threat...Bruce is more of the possession wideout...the others are slot. In Miami, Boston is huge...Chambers can go deep...but Booker's never been a slot receiver before. It's just questionable how three guys who have been used to being "da man" in different places can all co-exist on one team. JMO.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Previous

Return to Football Talk