Rice already practicing.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rice already practicing....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:41 pm

whats his value in terms of someone like Houshmandzade? Supposedly Housh is the #2 WR in Cinci, and before last week he had two games of 6 and 7 receptions. Last week he wasn't even targeted but hes still supposedly the #2 right now with Warrick still nursin some sore shin or whatever. i really hate geese and I don't like harvesting them when they are forcably on my starting lineup. However this isn't just about Housh, but what is his value right now in terms of say a 3rd wr on bye weeks?
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Diablo13 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:03 pm

proKrastinate wrote:whats his value in terms of someone like Houshmandzade? Supposedly Housh is the #2 WR in Cinci, and before last week he had two games of 6 and 7 receptions. Last week he wasn't even targeted but hes still supposedly the #2 right now with Warrick still nursin some sore shin or whatever. i really hate geese and I don't like harvesting them when they are forcably on my starting lineup. However this isn't just about Housh, but what is his value right now in terms of say a 3rd wr on bye weeks?

Not sure if Housh is still returning kicks as an active WR. But that doesn't matter if your league doesn't award individual pts for kr's. If so, keep him, if not, Rice might be a better choice right now. They have already said that he will be splitting time with K-Rob this weekend. His role might increase fast if he does well.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madmike » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:52 pm

Question, if you owned K-rob would you drop him for Rice? It's already come down k-rob will split time with Rice. 4 game suspension, dropped balls...will Rice be better option in 2 weeks?

I have other WRs so this isn't critical, just trying to bail on k-rob.
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:12 pm

i think rice will contribute more in a coaching aspect that in a production sense. he knows the game a lot better than a most of the young players (if not all of them)on seattle, and im sure he will teach them a lot. personally i dont feel like he will put up big numbers surrounded by all the talent there, but thats just me....but i do think he will help their team...not to mention putting some heat on k-rob might help his peformance
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:21 pm

madmike wrote:Question, if you owned K-rob would you drop him for Rice? It's already come down k-rob will split time with Rice. 4 game suspension, dropped balls...will Rice be better option in 2 weeks?

I have other WRs so this isn't critical, just trying to bail on k-rob.

unfortunately, krob is a better option than rice... rice wont see many more looks than he did in oakland.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk