Season hockey tickets anyone??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Season hockey tickets anyone???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Season hockey tickets anyone???

Postby dihall » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:47 am

Just have to share this because it is too d#$@ed funny! Hubby heard on Bob and Tom the other day that here in Atlanta they actually sold 30 season tickets for the Thrashers, even knowing about the eventual strike at the end of the season last year. The kicker is, my dumb a@# neighbors were two of them!! :-b Was talking to her and she was so bummed because they finally got season tickets and they cancelled the season. I just had to share that! I guess they aren't true hockey fans if they didn't even realize that a strike was inevitable.
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:03 am

I don't know about Atlanta but there is about a 15 year waiting list for season tickets here in Toronto. If only 30 people have bought season tickets in Atlanta then now is the chance to get good ones. If you can get rinksides go for it! The Thrashers are going to be very exciting with Heater and Kovalchuk.

It's not like you have to pay for cancelled games.

Q: Will you give refunds on season tickets?
A: We are giving our season ticket holders a number of options, including the opportunity to keep their money in their account that will accrue interest. We will continue to communicate directly with each of our account holders in order to address refund options and their account needs individually. Please contact your Customer Service Executive with any questions you might have.

Q: When will we be refunded for missed games?
A: In the month following the games missed. Games missed for October will be refunded by the 10th of November. Your Customer Service Executive can assist you with more specific information regarding your account.

This is from the Thrashers site

http://www.atlantathrashers.com/View.as ... 10a80d8eae

Also during the lock out, season ticket holders get free tickets and priority seating for other events at Philips Arena "and other locations". Good deal.
Last edited by Mookie4ever_ffc on Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dihall » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:06 am

O.K. maybe they aren't as stupid as I thought. Unfortunately, I don't think they went into the season thinking that way. Maybe they will be laughing all the way to the rink. They're still dumb a@#es though! :-b
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:11 am

Is the NHL on strike? :-? Haven't heard a word of it up here. No news coverage at all.

Our local minor league team did really well last year, they won thier division last year as an expansion team. :-D

Go Silvertips! ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:21 am

SeaWolf wrote:Is the NHL on strike? :-? Haven't heard a word of it up here. No news coverage at all.

Our local minor league team did really well last year, they won thier division last year as an expansion team. :-D

Go Silvertips! ;-D

That's the norm in the USA...only 5% of the people in America watch hockey. They should have started playing about a week ago. The players are locked out until the they agree to a salary cap.

I'm afraid I'll never see my Penguins again! :-t :~(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:40 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:Is the NHL on strike? :-? Haven't heard a word of it up here. No news coverage at all.

Go Silvertips! ;-D

That's the norm in the USA...only 5% of the people in America watch hockey. They should have started playing about a week ago. The players are locked out until the they agree to a salary cap.

The Pens will be back...but you have probably seen the last of Super Mario :,-(

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:28 pm

Ahh... well atleast the lockout saves one more season of the Rangers embarrasing themselves.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:44 pm

It's a shame because this was the Islanders year. Figures... :-b
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The_Commish » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:47 pm

You have some hockey tickets for sale here??
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LBJackal » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:18 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:

Go Silvertips! ;-D

5% of the US population is equal to about 49.1% of Canada's population. I don't think there is a shortage of hockey fans in the US. Calibre is another issue...
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to General Talk