How much depth do you need? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How much depth do you need?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How much depth do you need?

Postby RC » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:13 am

I have Droughns, Holmes, and C. Brown at RB.

I also have Green and Plummer at QB.

Would you rather platoon Green and Plummer while having considerable depth? Or would you trade Priest and Plummer for CP-Pep, for instance.

We only play two RB's a week. Is the gamble worth it, or does depth win in FF?

RC
RC
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:19 am

Depth is key... Chris Brown is an injury risk, and there is no telling how the RB situation in Denver will play out... I'd hold onto all of those guys... Or I might consider trading off Droughns for a more proven #3 and an upgrade somewhere else...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RC » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:25 am

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm on the fence here. But I do think I'll wait and see what happens with Droughns before I make a move.

DOes everyone think Culpepper will cool off, or is he going for the TD record?
RC
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:26 am

RC wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

I'm on the fence here. But I do think I'll wait and see what happens with Droughns before I make a move.

DOes everyone think Culpepper will cool off, or is he going for the TD record?

I think there is a good chance he gets the record, but at this pace, that IS cooling off....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:30 am

Your depth at RB is awesome.

If you are looking to upgrade at QB. You may want to downgrade at RB and accept a servicable backup for you main two starters. This can be accomplished by packaging your RB(not priest) and a QB for basically vice versa of what you are receiving.

You UPGRADE at QB and Downgrade at RB...but this has to be the structure of your deal. And the other owner will reap the benefits of the vice versa of your situation.

You definately cannot screw him it has to be a trade that helps the both of you.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CDNY1975 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:48 am

Depth is huge in FF for risk of injuries, i traded my depth 2 weeks ago for brady, but then nailed Driver off of WW & traded brady for another RB, also landed McCardell off WW, i am stacked at WR Holt,Harrison,A Johnson,Driver,McCardell

thats why i got some depth at RB as well by trading Brady, my RBs Martin,Tomlinson,O Smith,Henry,S Jackson

Hold on to holmes, dont trade him, Culpepper is on fire but if u have depth & guys that can give u double digit points from all positions u will be alot better off, if one guy has an off game someone might come up huge thats what has been happening for me, like this week AJ got me only 10 points but Driver & Holt over 30 each
CDNY1975
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RC » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:31 pm

Between some of my friends, C-Pep's value seems to be of some question.

In one league, Priest/Plummer for C-Pep/Duckett has garnered a lot of interest.

While in another league I have Tomlinson, Brown, Droughns and Moore and RB with 2 RB's and a flex position. I've got guys like Santana Moss, Boldin, McCardell and Moore sitting on my bench, so depth isn't an issue.

The guy who has Culpepper named his price as Bruce/Droughns/McNair for Culpepper.

One of my buddies thinks the first deal is giving too much, while the second deal clearly gives more.

What's the middle ground? What exactly is C-Pep worth right now?
RC
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk