For all our Canadi[b]e[/b]n friends - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

For all our Canadi[b]e[/b]n friends

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Chopper » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:57 pm

An American and a Canuk were in a terrible car accident. They were brought to the same emergency room, but both died before they arrived. Just as they were about to put the toe tag on the American, he stirred and opened his eyes. Astonished, the doctors and nurses present asked him what happened.

"Well," said the American, "I remember the crash, and then there was a beautiful light, and then the Canadian and I were standing at the gates of heaven. St. Peter approached us and said that we were too young to die, and that for a donation of $100, we could return to the earth."

He continued, " So of course, I pulled out my wallet and gave him the $100, and the next thing I knew I was back here."

"That's amazing!" said one of the doctors, "But what happened to the Canadian?"

"Last I saw him," replied the American, "the Canadian was waiting for the government to pay for his."
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:09 pm

Chopper wrote:An American and a Canuk were in a terrible car accident. They were brought to the same emergency room, but both died before they arrived. Just as they were about to put the toe tag on the American, he stirred and opened his eyes. Astonished, the doctors and nurses present asked him what happened.

"Well," said the American, "I remember the crash, and then there was a beautiful light, and then the Canadian and I were standing at the gates of heaven. St. Peter approached us and said that we were too young to die, and that for a donation of $100, we could return to the earth."

He continued, " So of course, I pulled out my wallet and gave him the $100, and the next thing I knew I was back here."

"That's amazing!" said one of the doctors, "But what happened to the Canadian?"

"Last I saw him," replied the American, "the Canadian was waiting for the government to pay for his."

that is a good joke about something that canadians have better, but if this gets out of hand, im gonna have to bust out some of my many dumb american jokes :-/
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:51 pm

You know you are Canadian when...

You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on two pages, but requires six pages for hockey.

The municipality buys a Zamboni before a bus.

You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars, and drink pop, not soda.

You use a red pen on your non-Canadian textbooks and fill in the missing u's from labor, honor, and color.

You know how to say free, prize and no sugar added in French thanks to your extensive education in bilingual cereal packaging.

You know what a toque is.

You've plugged a car in overnight.

You've defended your property from trespassers with a lacrosse stick because you don't own a gun.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:08 pm

Amazinz wrote:You know you are Canadian when...

You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on two pages, but requires six pages for hockey.

The municipality buys a Zamboni before a bus.

You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars, and drink pop, not soda.

You use a red pen on your non-Canadian textbooks and fill in the missing u's from labor, honor, and color.

You know how to say free, prize and no sugar added in French thanks to your extensive education in bilingual cereal packaging.

You know what a toque is.

You've plugged a car in overnight.

You've defended your property from trespassers with a lacrosse stick because you don't own a gun.

:-b

Good list. Pretty accurate too, I must say. We actually do have better chocolate bars, coffee and ketchup though. Your ketchup just seems like it has too much vinegar or soemthing. Not sure why you guys have such a limited slection of chocolate bars :-? you'd think it would be the other way around. My cousins in Colorado bring back cases of all the premium Canadian stuff we have. But to be fair, when I go out there for a trip I always bring back some Red Bull and Ed McCaffrey's Honey Mustard. mmmmmmmm, honey mustard :-D
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:47 pm

I never knew there was a difference in American and Canadian ketchup. That's what you get for assuming. I'll have to get my hands on some and give it a try. :-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jaabroonii » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:48 pm

Largets Heinz factory is in Leamington, Ontario, CANADA. Thast right people...
jaabroonii
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Arlo » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:10 am

lbjackal wrote:Good list. Pretty accurate too, I must say. We actually do have better chocolate bars, coffee and ketchup though. Your ketchup just seems like it has too much vinegar or soemthing. Not sure why you guys have such a limited slection of chocolate bars :-? you'd think it would be the other way around. My cousins in Colorado bring back cases of all the premium Canadian stuff we have. But to be fair, when I go out there for a trip I always bring back some Red Bull and Ed McCaffrey's Honey Mustard. mmmmmmmm, honey mustard :-D

Nice to be at the source for both chocolate and Red Bull. ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ForeverBlue » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:12 pm

You mean there's no Red Bull in Canada?!?!?! :-o
Is it illegal there or something?
I don't know what I'd do without my Bull. I drink a case a week. Keeps the motor running!!!!
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:42 pm

ForeverBlue wrote:You mean there's no Red Bull in Canada?!?!?! :-o
I don't know what I'd do without my Bull. I drink a case a week. Keeps the motor running!!!!

ya you cant buy it here cause of something it has in it thats dangerous to oyu. you can buy cigarettes, but a can of energy drink is outlawed.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ForeverBlue » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:43 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
ForeverBlue wrote:You mean there's no Red Bull in Canada?!?!?! :-o

ya you cant buy it here cause of something it has in it thats dangerous to oyu. you can buy cigarettes, but a can of energy drink is outlawed.

So there's a black market for Red Bull. Hmmmmm. }:-)
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk