Potential Sleepers? Hilliard and Pinkston - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Potential Sleepers? Hilliard and Pinkston

Moderator: Football Moderators

Potential Sleepers? Hilliard and Pinkston

Postby Mr Walker » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:49 am

It seems that every week someone new steps up and sends everybody scrambling to their waiver wires to grab the latest 'next big thing'

I'm trying to jump ahead of the waive (pun intended) this week since I'm stuck over a fire with Randy Moss' status and these two names were on my league's wire and stuck out like sore thumbs.

Ike Hilliard... an (up to this point) underachieving starting receiver who might step up a bit with Tim Carter out for the season and Armani Toomer & Jeremey Shockey commanding attention from an overrated Lions pass defense. Warner is starting to find faith in his arm again.

Todd Pinkston... another underachiever who starts opposite a true superstar reciever, but come on... McNabb can't throw every longball to TO... can he... LOL!

Anybody have any thoughts...
With Moss questionable, i need to compliment Reggie Wayne and Terry Glenn... and Curry and Hakim look like they are limping this week.
Mr Walker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby marcusallen » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:33 am

I will be starting Ike this week, and Pinkston is available in our league, I believe. He and Freddie Mitchel are virtually non-existent.
Please help me with mine, thanks!

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=758243#758243
marcusallen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:38 am

Eagles' receivers besides TO are worthless.

McNabb spreads the ball around way too much. Greg Lewis, Pinkston, Mitchell, Chad Lewis, Westbrook, LJ Smith, and TO will all catch footballs. It's a crapshoot besides TO and Westy.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Potential Sleepers? Hilliard and Pinkston

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:00 am

Mr Walker wrote:Ike Hilliard... an (up to this point) underachieving starting receiver who might step up a bit with Tim Carter out for the season and Armani Toomer & Jeremey Shockey commanding attention from an overrated Lions pass defense. Warner is starting to find faith in his arm again.

Jamaar Taylor not Ike Hilliard is my sleeper pick for the Giants this week. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Potential Sleepers? Hilliard and Pinkston

Postby Mr Walker » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:04 am

Amazinz wrote:Jamaar Taylor not Ike Hilliard is my sleeper pick for the Giants this week. ;-D

Can I ask why?

I'm about 3000% sure he'd be available in my league... LMAO!
Mr Walker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:17 am

Sure. Taylor played almost well enough to beat Carter out for the #3 WR job early in the year. He had an incredible game against Baltimore in the preseason.

The Giants were using Carter to stretch the defense. There were some big plays available to him every game but he made a lot of drops except for the big catch in the endzone against Washington.

Taylor would have been a second round pick in this year's draft had it no been for the knee injury, which he's fully recovered from. He's a step slower than Carter but he gets seperation much quicker and he has shown great hands so far.

He is going to step into Carter's role this week against the Lions. Due to the focus that Shockey and Toomer are going to receive he should have several of those big play opportunities per game, passes that Carter was dropping.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Poker Fiend » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:22 am

Thanks Amazinz, just added Taylor to my watch list, lets see what he can do!
Poker Fiend
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mr Walker » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:27 am

Yes... thanks Amazinz.
I'm hoping to have Boldin back next week so I'm looking for one pre-sleeper wide-out to keep on my roster just in case.
You never know when you might be snatching up the next Reuben Droughns (who I did snatch up already ;-D )
Mr Walker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Count_Rugen » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:23 pm

Good facts Amazin...

Anybody else have thoughts on this? News from NYG practice? I'm pondering starting Hillard. Taylor is available though...
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby rohbshop » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:51 pm

I like Ike but Warner isnt getting the ball to his receivers too much. Theyre all underachieving, its kinda funny how the media blows up Warner like hes having such a huge year, and people jump on that bandwagon. Its so exxagerated especially when Tiki and their def have been carrying them.

Anyhow, thats not to say Warner isnt a solid QB or the WR's wont eventually blow up at some point. I like Ike if your really desperate for a WR, altho i think there might be some better options out there.

I wouldnt mess with Pinkston, he does blow up every once in a while, but its a big gamble trying to get something out of hiim week to week. I'd rather take a chance on someone else thats probably available than him.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk