edge or dillon? edge or dillon? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

edge or dillon? edge or dillon?

Moderator: Football Moderators

edge or dillon? edge or dillon?

Postby sweeper193 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:14 am

who will have the better season from here on?
who would you trade?
sweeper193
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby purestrength » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:29 am

Unless Edge suffers an unexpected injury, keep Edge. He is much better.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Rusman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:11 pm

Definitely edge. Better player on a better team.
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:20 pm

wrong forum...

but edge, by a little.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kevster1 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:58 pm

Edge, because the colts are going to average about 35 points a game. This equates to many scoring opportunities for Edge.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Siggyfawn » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:11 pm

I wouldn't say he'll have a better rest of the season.

Based on what?

Indy has a bad D. They could be playing from behind in a lot of games this year. Edge has been banged up off and on all year.

Dillon was in a past first offense, which had no RB for years. First game he only got 15 carries. Then each game it went up and up. Now 2 TDs last game. He's average 105+ yds a game rushing. With that D, and Brady being pretty deadly, you can't write off Dillon. He's on pace for 1600 yds. His TDs are starting to come, and at worst I'd say it's a wash.

Edge has had some good games, but yard wise he's on the same pace as Dillon. There's a TD edge, but the edge w/ the Pats D I might go with dillon to put up better numbers the rest of the way. And last game is most of the reason. In the RZ they are going to dillon WAYYYY more. 1st and goal on the 4-5, the pats would pass. Even at the start of this year. Now they are slowly becoming a power running team. So as the season goes on, I think it's gonna just get better and better for Dillon.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby starboard » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:49 pm

Dillon.

The new mid-season restructuring of his contract permits performance incentives. Look for him to be motived. Also consider he is rarely injured despite his groin thinking otherwise last year.
starboard
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Diablo13 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:00 pm

Edge by a mile.

Ind playing from behind aint gonna happen often and it aint gonna ever be by much. As long as Ind doesn't play Min for each the next 10 games (and my calendar says that is not the case) Indy will not be playing often from behind.

INSTEAD!
Indy's opponents will be playing from behind often. Sometimes this will mean that Ind will be playing clock control from the beginning of the 4th qtr in many cases. Wha duz that mean??? Run Run Run. So even if he (edge) only runs 50 yds in the 1st 3 qtrs.....he'll make up plenty in the 4th. And even if they are behind in the 4th....I would have Peyton on my team anytime to run the hurry-up offense. This often results in late, short ydg tds...which often go to the back. And even if the go 3 downs on the one without a TD, peyton is the best at calling for offsides....penalty...3 more plays...edge gets in.
either way....Go Edge!

But I hate the Pats as a fin fan...lol
take that into consideration.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sweeper193 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:12 pm

so as a week by week start it sounds like edge is the man... dillon is good, but everyone seems to think hes mainly a match up man..
sweeper193
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:17 pm

Edge also has a nice soft schedule for pretty much the rest of the year. NE still has some tougher games to go.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk