Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homeless » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:21 pm

Ok, after you :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kimi » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:40 pm

bucseaglesdolphinspantherssteelersravenspatsfalconsraidersboyspacktitansgintsskinschargersjetscoltsbillsaintstherestreallysuck
kimi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ed4252_ffc » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:39 pm

TB
Miami, Philly,Pittsburgh
Carolina,Baltimore
Atlanta,NE,GB,Tenn,Dallas
Chi,Oakland,STL,SDG
NYG,Saints,Seattle,Redskins,NYJ,Buff
Ed4252_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TyceBunn » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:49 am

Why does everyone keep ranking pitt so high when they were gettin aired out so much last year. I would look to see how late you could grab balt/caro/dal/atl.
TyceBunn

Friendliness: %

Postby Azrael » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:23 pm

I don't think Baltimore is going to be a sleeper defense. I think they'll be taken top 5. I think they see Boulware, Lewis, and Suggs, and start drooling, but I heard Suggs was a disappointment in the minicamps.

People are also banking on Troy Polawhatever and Kendrell Bell being healthy to give the Steelers a boost. I'm not so sure though. Outside of Troy, the steelers didn't do a whole lot to fix their secondary. Seems to me they are banking on a speedy rookie to fix the secondary. You can't blame everything on Flowers. They are pretty old at corner.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:39 pm

The KEY to the Pitt D is Bell,they can do well w/o him but he brings everything together.Farrior has a year under his belt in the 3-4 and should improve.PolaMALU will be the impact player they need in that secondary,expect some mistakes but expect some big plays also.Scott and Washington have their moments,they are serviceable for another few years.

Top 10 D for certain...possible top 5.
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby flex nuts » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:40 pm

The reason guys are hoppin on the Pitts D bandwagon is b/c they ranked #1 against the run last season. They drafted Troy Palamalu, top ranked safety outta USC to definately help with the passing defense.

However, if Maddox is running their offense well, and Zeroue starts to come alive mid season, you will see teams HAVING to air it out against Pitt as they will be coming back from behind a lot. If Pitt puts up a decent pass defense, they are definately a top 3-5 D.
flex nuts

Postby flex nuts » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:42 pm

Also, I am all the way with drafting team D's like Atlanta, Carolina, and Dallas. Carolina D especially. They improved their offense (much needed btw) with DelHomme and Davis...too bad Dyson got hurt. They play against the Bucs twice this year (obviously - same division). The Bucs are exactly known for having a high scoring offense....
flex nuts

Return to Football Talk