A-Train - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A-Train

Moderator: Football Moderators

A-Train

Postby Flux » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:53 pm

does anyone have a clue what is really going on with this guy?

I know there is concern about him and competition for his spot, but are these things to actaully worry about, or just rumors to get his rear into gear
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:41 pm

yeah he is in competition for his spot and is a low end #2 rb... i wouldnt wanna get stuck with him starting on my team.

what the bears discovered is that he is simply not as good as he let on in 2001. adrian peterson has a legitmate chance to start.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Vixtor » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:42 pm

All I can say is, take the B-Train.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Slingblade » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:46 pm

He will be back. He just had a down year with the sophmore slump curse.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joester » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:54 pm

Slingblade wrote:He will be back. He just had a down year with the sophmore slump curse.

I agree he had some nagging injury problems last seaosn that he suffered early on in the forearms and i think ankles. i think he will prove himself in camp and have a strong campaign in 2003
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:51 am

His contract is up for renewal, the best yr he has had to date was when he was negotiating for money....though I have to agree with terp, "I wouldnt want him on my team."
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Rodge » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:51 am

I think that this is a guy that we'll just have to wait and see how everything develops throughout the preseason. Even if he is hands down the starter for the Bears this season, he is still a risky pick. Risky picks usually make or break a fantasy team though. The A Train is a good example why people should wait until preseason is over with to do the draft. It is beyond me why people are drafting in July!
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:18 am

I drafted just to get an idea of where players are going. I usually do a couple of drafts before my real drafted league.

I'd stay away from him. He was among the last of the decent RB options. Make sure you have 2 RB's before you'd think about grabbing A-Train, then stock up on WR or take a top TE.

A solid option as a 3rd back who will probably drop a couple rounds after A-Train is Antowain Smith. No competition, better shape than last year, and in a contract year.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:34 am

haha, funny you mention Antowain Smith. I am basically debating over taking an Eddie George/Stehpen Davis/Charlie Garner/Curtis Martin earlier, or waiting a couple rounds and hoping either A-Train or Smith are left.

Im just really scared of both of their situations. Adrian Peterson seems to be right on the heels of the Train, and ive read mix things about Smith. Ive heard they want to use Faulk more b/c he had ridiculous averages both running (5+ypc) and receiving (10+). But then i also heard that at the last mini camp he was in better shape than any previous.

Its all such a mess, and these are 2 RBs who have produced well in the past and have the potential to do so again.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Confluence » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:04 am

"A" Smith and "A" Train are NOT good. I would not want to rely on them for anything.
blue 42 zip 3 razor
Confluence
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk