Sammy Morris??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sammy Morris???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sammy Morris???

Postby RubeRiot » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:37 pm

Will Sammy Morris continue to start for MIA?
He averaged 5 yard/carry last week against a good BUF defense.
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby starboard » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:44 pm

Oct 21 Minor left week one's game against the Titans with a sprained ankle, which also caused him to miss every game since then. After returning to practice a week ago, he has progressed well and could be activated for the first time since week one on Sunday against the Rams, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. He is listed as questionable on the team's official injury report. If he plays, either Leonard Henry or Brock Forsey would be deactivated.
Views: Minor could work his way back into the running back mix for the Dolphins. The team may finally be back to where it started this season, when they envisioned some sort of split between Sammy Morris and Minor. Morris ran extremely well last week in his first start this season, so we still expect him to get the bulk of the carries. Minor would provide a change of pace and a pass-catching threat out of the backfield on third down if he is able to play.

Oct 21 Morris (ankle) is listed as probable on the injury report for Week 7, but is expected to play without reservation.
Recommendation: Having just solidified the #1 RB slot, Morris will not let this minor injury affect his game on Sunday. With tempered expectations due to the Offensive Line he runs behind, Morris is actually a decent option this week as the Dolphins take on the Rams.
starboard
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby rbrozak » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:13 pm

Sammy is the best thing that has happened to my team since I started 3-0 and since have gone 0-3. Sammy is the man "No not Sammy Sosa". Ammy Morris..Of course he will keep starting WHO ELSE IS THERE? Sammy Da Man..Football Bery Bery Goood tooo Heimmm!!! Go SAMMY!!!
rbrozak
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JrcWy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:48 pm

rbrozak wrote:Sammy is the best thing that has happened to my team since I started 3-0 and since have gone 0-3. Sammy is the man "No not Sammy Sosa". Ammy Morris..Of course he will keep starting WHO ELSE IS THERE? Sammy Da Man..Football Bery Bery Goood tooo Heimmm!!! Go SAMMY!!!

While I don't share this man's enthusiaism or his apparent heavy drinking habits, I still feel Morris is a decent bye week/ injury filler for now. Nothing more than that though.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby rbrozak » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:52 pm

You DA Man..Thanks anyway..I have been drinking but it is the truth..When you have a team that drafted Griffin and Suggs in the first 4 rounds and look where they are TODAY..Sammy is a SOLID Start..AGREE???
rbrozak
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JrcWy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:56 pm

rbrozak wrote:You DA Man..Thanks anyway..I have been drinking but it is the truth..When you have a team that drafted Griffin and Suggs in the first 4 rounds and look where they are TODAY..Sammy is a SOLID Start..AGREE???

The bouncing badger concurs with the running bear.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby just havin fun » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:16 pm

you guys need to get a room. ;-D
just havin fun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tomkatt » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:02 pm

Running Bear + Bouncing Badger = A growling fur flying love fest...... and there is no place for that here at the cafe.....lol. :-B
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Diablo13 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:19 am

starboard wrote:Oct 21 Minor left week one's game against the Titans with a sprained ankle, which also caused him to miss every game since then. After returning to practice a week ago, he has progressed well and could be activated for the first time since week one on Sunday against the Rams, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. He is listed as questionable on the team's official injury report. If he plays, either Leonard Henry or Brock Forsey would be deactivated.
Views: Minor could work his way back into the running back mix for the Dolphins. The team may finally be back to where it started this season, when they envisioned some sort of split between Sammy Morris and Minor. Morris ran extremely well last week in his first start this season, so we still expect him to get the bulk of the carries. Minor would provide a change of pace and a pass-catching threat out of the backfield on third down if he is able to play.

Oct 21 Morris (ankle) is listed as probable on the injury report for Week 7, but is expected to play without reservation.
Recommendation: Having just solidified the #1 RB slot, Morris will not let this minor injury affect his game on Sunday. With tempered expectations due to the Offensive Line he runs behind, Morris is actually a decent option this week as the Dolphins take on the Rams.

Awesome,
For a Miami fan, it is nice to know that we are finally back to where we started at the beginning of the season. Now we can shoot Wanny, Kidnap Marino, Bring back Shula, find the ancient Duper bros., dig up Csonka (no he's still alive, right?), Maybe rapid detox Ricky, and get Zach on some queludes. Now we are ready to start the season....

I call do overs right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk