Holmes latest - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Holmes latest

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:41 pm

Jul 22, 2003, 18:01
Chiefs - RB Holmes Looking Good
Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star

RB Priest Holmes looked like his funky self when he took a handoff from Trent Green, darted through the line of scrimmage and cut sharply to his right on one memorable running play. And the best part was that Holmes showed no signs of favoring his surgically repaired hip.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:14 pm

The Chiefs had two workouts in pads on Monday and Priest Holmes took 25 plays in each session without problem. He was held out of a contact drill later in the day, however, as a precautionary measure. "I didn't want to all of a sudden have a linebacker come on full bore and deck him when he's not quite ready," Dick Vermeil told the KC Star of his star. "He could do it. He could play the game tomorrow, really, if we had to play. But we don't have to. We'd prefer to have him ready to play in about three weeks."

So far so good for Holmes, who needs to stay healthy to get the contract extension he is demanding.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Adlaw » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:31 pm

Looks smart to me!
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:11 pm

The Kansas City Star

"I know they are limiting the number of reps he's getting, but I don't think anybody has seen any sort of slip in production," QB Trent Green said of his teammate, RB Priest Holmes. "His ability to make cuts is still there; his acceleration has been real evident to everybody. From a player's and coach's perspective, he looks really good."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:11 pm

The Kansas City Star

RB Priest Holmes continues to show no signs of pain or discomfort. Holmes is being held out of contact drills, but he has looked good when carrying the ball. Holmes even bounced up after taking his first real hit, courtesy of defensive end Eric Hicks. Hicks couldn't resist laying a hit when Holmes ran an off-tackle play, but it hardly mattered. Holmes popped off the ground and kept running.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:52 pm

Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star

The hip of Priest Holmes continues to be a non-issue. Holmes looked like his old self on one play where his shake-and-bake move left two defenders in the dust. He also turned a shovel pass from Green into a long gain. His teammates aren't treating Holmes like he's fragile. He was knocked down by Ryan Sims, a day after the same from Eric Hicks. Once again Holmes bounced right back up and continued on.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Azrael » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:41 pm

I hope they don't use him very much in the pre-season games. My friends love FFB but I don't think they follow it daily. He'll probably slip to me all the way down to 6th if I draft that far. I'm not sure his health will remain a secret even to those who don't go digging for all the camp news.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk