The Kobe Machine Kicks Into High Gear - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Kobe Machine Kicks Into High Gear

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Kobe Machine Kicks Into High Gear

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:48 am

The Kobe Machine kicks into high gear.
And it's going to get ugly.
Here's what NBA kinda money buys you:

Sunday, July 20
Updated: July 21, 12:34 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

The Colorado woman who has accused Kobe Bryant of sexual assault overdosed on pills and was rushed to a hospital two months before the alleged incident with Bryant, one of her close friends told the Orange County Register.

In cases of this nature, the credibility of the accuser -- whose identity is not being revealed -- often becomes an issue.

"I think it was just a cry for help," 18-year-old Lindsey McKinney told the newspaper. McKinney had been living at the accuser's house in May, when the woman allegedly took the pills.
ESPN has learned that McKinney and the woman had a falling out before the Orange County Register ran its story. ESPN also has learned that the alleged victim and her family have been calling friends and asking them to refrain from commenting on the case.

Some friends of the accuser said they believed the overdose was an accident. Not McKinney.
"I don't think it was accidental. I was there," she told the Register.

The Register quoted legal experts as saying the news of the overdose will be a major advantage for Bryant's defense team.

"This is powerful evidence and the answer to the defense's prayers," Robert Pugsley, a criminal law professor at Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles, said. Pugsley added that this kind of evidence, if exploited by the defense, could be enough to shut down the case before it reaches trial.
"[Defense attorneys are] looking for a way to demonstrate that this woman is hysterical and over-reactive," Pugsley said. "This is literally dynamite evidence, a bonanza for the defense and a landmine for prosecution."
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:57 am

Yeah and how they quietly make it public knowledge. Kobe is no Tyson, she will be hard pressed to win I think.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kashikis » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:15 pm

yeah this chick is gonna fight uphill to win this one.

watch out its the next OJ trial
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:22 pm

kashikis wrote:watch out its the next OJ trial

True that!
And I ain't got the stomach for it! Again.

But ... it's either give up SportsCenter ... TV for that matter ... for the next 6 months, or live with all the Spin Doctors and lawyers and talking head "experts". Blah, blah, blah.
This is going to seriously cut into my TV enjoyment.
No doubt - Larry King's all a-twitter. News fodder 'til Christmas!
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk