(warning - highly opinionated and long) Cafe Blackjack... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

(warning - highly opinionated and long) Cafe Blackjack...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby menyak » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:15 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Heh, I had my first bust today because Muhammed randomly got 3 TD's. The numbers weren't supposed to be with that.

I like the one kicker per team rule, personally. You only need one to get a blackjack, so it will still require you to pick skill players who get the correct number of TD's (normally 2 total, but it could be 3) and have a kicker that can get you the other 9 (or 3) points.

That's in fact something that both MCG and me identified as a potential problem - the number of combinations will be extremely limited, if your kicker doesn't score exactly 9 (or 3) then you're already screwed, no other result will help you get back on track again. My hunch is that it would replace one problem with another one, but in the end the game wouldn't be more fun. :-/
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:47 am

I thought the original guidelines (1 WR, 1 RB, 1 K and 1 wildcard) were the best. that way you can have 2 kickers if you want to, but no more. thats basically what I have been doing. 1 guy I think will score 1 td and 2 kickers. I like menyaks proposals as well.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:30 am

From a game's point of view, the easiest solution would be not to give 6 points for a TD (but maybe 3 - or either 6 or 1, similar to the ace in real Blackjack). Of course that's not with the natural scoring, but maybe we can't have everything. :-?
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:56 am

menyak wrote:From a game's point of view, the easiest solution would be not to give 6 points for a TD (but maybe 3 - or either 6 or 1, similar to the ace in real Blackjack). Of course that's not with the natural scoring, but maybe we can't have everything. :-?

thats not a bad idea. I still think positional restrictions would be best.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Cafe Games Talk