Moss=out, cpepp doesnt care - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss=out, cpepp doesnt care

Moderator: Football Moderators

Moss=out, cpepp doesnt care

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:50 pm

ok lately its been the daunte show, not the moss show. Yes moss gets open and makes great grabs, but lately its been more daunte than randy. Some of the minnesota games Ive watched have daunte throwing picture perfect passes. I get the feeling it doesnt matter if moss plays or no right now. so daunte owners, (not like you would sit him anyway) start cpepp with confidence.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tumblin » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:04 pm

Of course...I was watching the his last game and the passes where indeed picture perfect. One of the passes that i remember went directly into the guys arms without him turning all the way around or moving his arms from his chest area. No way that the defence was able to take that away. I think the TE was more amazed that there was a ball in his arms than the 3 guys running at him.
tumblin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:05 pm

All right, obviously C-Pep will still do well, but let's not pretend that it doesn't matter to the Vikings. Moss is (arguably if you're a rabid T.O. owner) the best wideout in the NFL. He's a huge force on the field that the defense won't have to worry about for the next week or two. That means the other WRs are going to be less open, and Moore's gaps are going to be filling up a little faster.

So ha ha, Pepper owners! He's only going to get you four
TDs this week! In your face! In your face! Sigh.

Dear Randy, please get better. I'm starting Stallworth again... :~(
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tmfs » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:35 pm

Some of the minnesota games Ive watched have daunte throwing picture perfect passes

Not taking anything away from c-pep, but whenever your are throwing to reciever that is faster, taller, can jump higher, has hands like glue, and the natural instincts that randy does many imperfect passes can be made to look perfect.
tmfs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby irishclown » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:56 pm

Now thats funny....I agree, and instead of 420 yards passing, maybe only 320!!!

Tennessee has an awful secondary and may try to shut down and key in on Moore, so Robinson and Burelson should both have very nice stats!! (hopefully more stats for Robinson to help me out)
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:36 pm

irishclown wrote:

Now thats funny....I agree, and instead of 420 yards passing, maybe only 320!!!

Tennessee has an awful secondary and may try to shut down and key in on Moore, so Robinson and Burelson should both have very nice stats!! (hopefully more stats for Robinson to help me out)

Yeah, "true 'dat" as they say. Fflpros.com has a very "interesting" description of the Titans defense this week in their game projections...I suggest you check it out (but I won't post it since it's kinda graphic).

Without Moss I doubt Culpepper will skip a beat. He can still throw those moon ball passes to Robinson and Burleson and probably find success. It won't be as easy as it is with Moss of course, but it can still happen. Both those guys are tall receivers who can jump up and get it just like Moss. Robinson has had a few "jump ball" fade patterns in the end zone already, so I assume one of those is coming this week.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:38 pm

tmfs wrote:
Some of the minnesota games Ive watched have daunte throwing picture perfect passes

Not taking anything away from c-pep, but whenever your are throwing to reciever that is faster, taller, can jump higher, has hands like glue, and the natural instincts that randy does many imperfect passes can be made to look perfect.

im pretty sure hes talking about to any receiver. Daunte has been giving gifts to Mrob and Burleson too this year.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:49 pm

moss hasnt been the only receiver getting the action lately with burleson and robinson, and lately mewelde getting some looks. i dont think moss will hurt too much except the double coverage that he draws off the other guys wont be there. c-pep is such a stud he will still put up monster numbers..the only think that has been surprising me (besides his multiple 5 td games) is his lack of rushing tds. i cant imagine what will happen if he starts getting those again.

10 MAN LEAGUE
qbs- aaron brooks, drew brees
rbs- shaun alexander, jamal lewis, curtis martin, chester taylor, mewelde moore
wrs- torry holt, hines ward, issac bruce, brandon stokely
te- alge crumpler
k- matt stover
def- ravens
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:11 pm

M Robinson to have a big day ;-D
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:43 pm

God willing, I bit a big bullet to trade for Robinson this week. Need someone big to cover Moss until he gets better...

Next Burleson! Then I will start all the MIN wideouts every week! Mwa ha ha! }:-)
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk