Moss=out, cpepp doesnt care - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss=out, cpepp doesnt care

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:12 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Culpepper throw for like 300 yards and 3 TDs AFTER Moss got hurt. It's not like the offense went downhill all of a sudden. Burleson really stepped up. They also have Robinson and Campbell. Wiggins and Moore are additional threats as well. They've got plenty of weapons to do damage for 1 or 2 games w/o Randy.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:09 am

One thing I heard no one mention: isn't it possible Culpepper uses his legs a little more? Say, 50 or 60 rushing yards if no one gets open to go along w/ his 300 and 3 TDs? He can flat-out beat you with his legs as well as his arm, which is why he is the best QB in the league right now.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:00 am

Ah, I'm facing Culpepper this week, lets hope Moss being out does effect him. :-o

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ricky_Christ » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:11 pm

Yeah, I'm up against Culpepper next week and freaking out. I'm actually thinking about starting Robinson & Moss (if healthy) to shave off a bunch of points.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:39 pm

Azrael wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Culpepper throw for like 300 yards and 3 TDs AFTER Moss got hurt. It's not like the offense went downhill all of a sudden. Burleson really stepped up. They also have Robinson and Campbell. Wiggins and Moore are additional threats as well. They've got plenty of weapons to do damage for 1 or 2 games w/o Randy.

my thoughts exactly. culpepper is in the zone. I do not see him slowing down at all without moss.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

You are all insane

Postby Crafty » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:47 pm

Lookit, the only reason that offense works at all is because Randy Moss takes 3 people downfield and in the middle out of the play every single down. The rest of the team is left playing 10 on 8, so of course they look good. Whenever C-Pep gets in trouble, he just throws it up and looks brilliant. Remember how crappy the Vikes looked last year when Moss was slowed by injury? Same thing could happen this year. The Vikes may fare better this year because they have better rb talent and a couple of other receivers that are turning out ok, but this is just not that good a team without Moss.
Fortune favours the bold.
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: You are all insane

Postby Xtreme » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:05 pm

Crafty wrote:Lookit, the only reason that offense works at all is because Randy Moss takes 3 people downfield and in the middle out of the play every single down. The rest of the team is left playing 10 on 8, so of course they look good.

I absolutely agree with this. Don't underestimate this type of impact. Not to say that Minn won't do well, but losing Moss is a big hit.
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: You are all insane

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:14 pm

Xtreme wrote:
Crafty wrote:Lookit, the only reason that offense works at all is because Randy Moss takes 3 people downfield and in the middle out of the play every single down. The rest of the team is left playing 10 on 8, so of course they look good.

I absolutely agree with this. Don't underestimate this type of impact. Not to say that Minn won't do well, but losing Moss is a big hit.

Again, see my previous post. 300yds and 3 TDs AFTER Moss got hurt...no problem.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby mah2002 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:44 pm

That was against a terrible defense, but still when you lose the best reciever in football its going to hurt a little. I think we'll see more running touchdowns this week, whether it be culpepper or rb's
mah2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:53 am

mah2002 wrote:That was against a terrible defense, but still when you lose the best reciever in football its going to hurt a little. I think we'll see more running touchdowns this week, whether it be culpepper or rb's

Don't forget, Tennessee is an equally terrible defense - or even worse than Houston or New Orleans... ;-)

I agree that not having Moss is a blow. But as I said before, those receivers are just as tall as Moss and can probably outjump any DB the Titans can put on them. You'll see at least 3 or 4 "moon-balls" from Culpepper this week...why change something that's working?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk