FA QB's which one to get - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FA QB's which one to get

Moderator: Football Moderators

FA QB's which one to get

Postby andy » Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:38 pm

im first on the waiver list i have gannon which this is his bye. so i have to use trent green he is facing new england(hes dead).

these QB's are free which one should i replace green with.
Mark Brunell
Quincy Carter
Kelly Holcomb
Rodney Peete
Drew Brees
Jim Miller
Brad Johnson
andy

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby wpod » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:07 pm

Brunell has a bye.

I'd take Holcomb if he's going to play.

If you dont want to chance it on Holcomb, or cant wait til later this week to see if he's going to play, then I think Miller is a solid start vs the Saints.

I was in a similar situation and grabed Kerry Collins. If it looks like Holcomb will play, I may switch.
wpod

Postby strife » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:16 pm

Play it by ear.

Brunell is probably the most solid quarterback out of the bunch. Brunell will put up consistent numbers and will start each and every week. But pick up the qb based on his matchup. For example, this week, i picked up a wr, terry glen out of the free agency because he has a good match-up vs. detroit.
strife
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:03 pm

Brees, he's facing the Arizona defense

Postby kashikis » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:23 am

miller, peete , then brees i use that order because all three are starters but miller has a secure job on a good team with solid QB's and in the long run he will help the most and expect a shootout against NO

then peete because of the fact that they play Min and they have to throw the ball a lot until foster is back to give them a more explosive running game but hes smart and puts up numbers but hell probably slack off at the end of the season

brees is the next pick because hell do well but not with fantasy numbers no 300 yd games here because he plays on a run-based offense and a defensive ball control type team but would still be a solid choice especially this wekk against arizona but then gain i think LT will just run the ball a lot
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk