Postby Confluence » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:50 am

Keep your runningback
blue 42 zip 3 razor
Confluence
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:26 am

I am going to have to go against the majority on this one. I would go with Marvin Harrison over Travis Henry in this case.

Think about it, Harrison is one of the most consistent receivers in the game. He puts numbers BETTER than running backs, especially in this scoring system.

Take Harrison now, and you can get an RB that is just as good as Henry later on. There are running backs out there that people see as very low valued that would actually perform just as well (if not better) than Henry. Eddie George, while he isn't good for many 100 yard games anymore, will get you a lot of TDs.

I say take Harrison now, and pickup a guy like George later. And even when you get into the later rounds, guys like Zack Crockett, Moe Williams, and Mike Alstott will all be available, and they would score pretty well in your scoring system.

WIth the system you are in, I would DEFINITELY take Marvin Harrison over Travis Henry.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Confluence » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:28 pm

RB
blue 42 zip 3 razor
Confluence
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:16 pm

in a one player keeper league, i can't beleive that you were that desperate to keep Driver.

anyways, I was prepared to make the argument for Travis Henry, but brdmaverick makes a very good point, and I agree that under this scoring system, Harrison is the better value pick.

Friendliness: %

Postby Xtreme » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:27 pm

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but you get 6pts for a TD, and 3pts if the player breaks 100 yrds. So, if Travis Henry rushes for 139 yrds and two TD's, he's worth 15pts that week, correct?

If so, let's look at last years #'s:

Travis Henry had 6 100yd games = <b>18pts</b>
And he had 14 TD's = <b>84pts</b>
<b>Total = 102pts</b>

Marvin Harrison had 10 100yd games = <b>30pts</b>
And he had 11 TD's = <b>66pts</b>
<b>Total = 96pts</b>

In addition to this, Buffalo has already said that Henry is going to be a larger part of the offense this year (they were very pass happy last year). Marvin can't possibly get any better then he was last year. (He set the record for most receptions in a season).

I guess I don't see how this scoring system favors Harrison, unless I don't understand the scoring system. I still say go with Henry.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby tjhksig » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:02 pm

Great analysis, Xtreme ;-D
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hayesb26 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:13 pm

comparison stats dont really matter because they are diff. positions, look at how many points the next 2-3 ranked RB and next 2-3 ranked WR scored. their may be a larger difference between harrison and the next WR's than henry and the next RB's. BBBUUUTTT after all my blabbering, i would still take the RB over the WR anyday
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LeftyQB » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:34 pm

I also think you have to take Henry. Go with the RB. Why did you keep Driver???
LeftyQB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cassise » Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:02 pm

its a no contest, the pick has to be henry. First of all, he outscored harrison last year and is gettign better, where as harrison has hit his peak. Second, this years draft is far deeper in receivers then running backs, sure there are only thee "top tier" wideouts but there are countless second tier (horn, moulds, price, boston come to mind.) ;The second tier running are not only harder to find, but also a huge step below... if you wait another round you are going to end up with somebody like fred taylor (injury problem( edjerine james (same knock) or willie green (nothing wrong, but how can you make that comparison.)
Also, I'm just woundering what exaclty happened to your team from last year. I mean, Driver isn't bad, but dont you have any "stars" you could retain... or at least a useable running back? I dont mind driver, but in a keeper league, you should be keepign a player that would be a top round, or at worst a second round pick. Driver is at BEST a late third.
cassise
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to Football Talk