Question about individual defensive players, please help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question about individual defensive players, please help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question about individual defensive players, please help

Postby phackney » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:45 pm

I've never had a ff team with ind. def. players. In my Yahoo draft, I ended up with Brian Dawkins. Ray Lewis is available. Which is the better choice and who generally scores more points LB's or DB's. Thanks for your help
phackney
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRock » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:49 pm

Good lord grab Lewis.

You can find stats from last year and get some idea of how scoring will work in your system. Generally, LB's will score the most points consistently. Occasionally a DB will grab an interception and return it for a huge day, but that's usually pretty hard to predict. Guys like Lewis and Urlacher will give you 8-10 tackles a week, plus an occasional sack, PD, or INT.
TheRock
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

draft all the LB you can

Postby skidmarks » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:33 pm

they get all the tackles. ints and sacks are good but even your best players don't get those every game. i learned last year to check who had the most tackles at nfl.com on mondays. most guys don't think to do that. by the time most people hear of the great defensive players everybody and their brohter is after them. if you monitor the best tacklers week to week at nfl.com or a similar website you can stay ahead of the defensive game. by doing this i finished with like 5 of the top 8 LB in the game last year and my defense amde the difference some weeks. trust me, i go overboard studying this stuff.
skidmarks

Friendliness: %

Postby TheRock » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:35 pm

Very true skid. Tackles is the best indicator of fantasy value for IDP's. Guys making tackles are getting to the ball. Even watch assists. If a guy is getting to ball consistently, the ball will eventually pop out. He apparently has some speed, and will eventually get to the QB. Good things happen. Plus you get points for all the tackles. ;-D
TheRock
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:36 pm

ray lewis is available??? hes the second best d player out there, behind urlacher. GET HIM!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VIPER » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:26 am

Ray Lewis Hands down!!!
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk