Keep an Eye On-Garcia. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keep an Eye On-Garcia.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep an Eye On-Garcia.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:33 pm

Jeff Garcia - QB, San Francisco 49ers July 22, 10:40 a.m.
When the 49ers’ training camp opens Friday, Garcia will be limited in workouts because of lingering pain and back spasms from an injury suffered during an offseason workout. The injury has been diagnosed as a protruding disk.
Fantasy Spin: Obviously, any 33-year-old quarterback with a bad back is a concern to us. But the injury doesn't seem that serious right now, and Garcia is a very durable player. For now, leave him where he is in your QB rankings. But if he struggles through training camp, lower him. (Brendan Roberts/TSN)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joester » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:55 pm

I think he will be fine in a couple of weeks and ready for probably the second preseason.........dont be alarmed YET
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:16 pm

My dad has suffered with disc trouble all his life, I know he doesnt get the star treatment that an NFL player does, but he also doesnt try to play football !

I for one am going to stay away from Garcia now...I was high on him too this yr.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby terpfan » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:32 pm

yeah too many question marks this year with the new coach and now the injury... ill stay away from jeffy.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:33 am

By Cam Inman
CONTRA COSTA TIMES

SANTA CLARA - One player remained on the field some 20 minutes after the 49ers' first practice of training camp. Quarterback Jeff Garcia kept running drills at the far end of the field, showing little sign of a back injury he suffered July 14.

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/6390260.htm
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Adlaw » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:40 pm

I just keep seing Steve Mcnair. Ouch!!
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk