How about Mewelde Moore? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How about Mewelde Moore?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:52 pm

FFPlayinMoFo wrote:I think Smith will see alot of action when he returns

I thought I read somewhere that Tice said it's Smith's job when he comes back,not sure,but this kid is certainly making his case to keep the top RB spot.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Great Guy

Postby Snoballego » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:37 pm

Everyone was calling me a "homer" when I took Mewelde with my last draft pick earlier this season. I think some folks also use a roster spot for someone they have a soft place in their heart for.

I was on Mewelde's team in college and he is a top class guy in everything he does. He flew under the radar because he did play in C-USA, but if you look at his career statistics and highlites even against power teams like Texas - you just knew he had the chance to be a stud.

The reason I see him holding onto the job every week is simple. He's a great student of the game and he never puts the ball on the turf. He understands the concepts behind the plays. He will never take himself out of a game either (Super Tuff). He'll never give you a reason to look for anyone else on the bench.

Hard to imagine that we had J.P. Losman and Mewelde in the same backfield last season. Both are special guys and make me so proud to watch.
Snoballego
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Great Guy

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:46 pm

Snoballego wrote:Everyone was calling me a "homer" when I took Mewelde with my last draft pick earlier this season. I think some folks also use a roster spot for someone they have a soft place in their heart for.

I was on Mewelde's team in college and he is a top class guy in everything he does. He flew under the radar because he did play in C-USA, but if you look at his career statistics and highlites even against power teams like Texas - you just knew he had the chance to be a stud.

The reason I see him holding onto the job every week is simple. He's a great student of the game and he never puts the ball on the turf. He understands the concepts behind the plays. He will never take himself out of a game either (Super Tuff). He'll never give you a reason to look for anyone else on the bench.

Hard to imagine that we had J.P. Losman and Mewelde in the same backfield last season. Both are special guys and make me so proud to watch.

That's awesome!! What position do you play? Ever see the field?
I also have Moore, and boy has he been great. Despite not finding the endzone, he's scored 12 points in every game...pretty damn good for my 5th flex starter in a 12 team league...the spot where other guys are starting Az Hakim every week.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DanDigital » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:36 pm

I can forgive Mewelde for never getting in the end zone for the simple fact that this guy will get you 100 yards and only needs 15-20 carries to do it. Plus, he'll get you a couple receptions.

This kid is phenomenal. Granted, Minnesota has a huge offensive line, but Smith and Williams could not produce at this level and they have both been in the league for years.

If Tice benches Moore when Smith comes back it proves that Tice is a f***ing idiot. Moore is fast, he's quick, he's powerful, he's durable, he can catch, and he can block. The Vikings need to reward him for what he's done the past three weeks and if they can't they need to trade him to someone who will.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mah2002 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:24 am

DanDigital wrote:Plus, he'll get you a couple receptions.

try 26 for 212 in 3 weeks thank god westbrook was on a bye and Kevin Jones got hurt and I needed a fill in running back hes won me 3 weeks in a row now
mah2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dirtbags » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:55 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, it's not looking good for Bennett. Why play someone who keeps getting hurt when you've got a guy doing this every week?

It's a good problem for Minnesota to have, but it stinks for fantasy people. I picked up Bennett in my junko league a week ago, and now it's almost pointless to keep him. :-t

It doesn't stink for fantasy people. It only stinks for those with Bennett. ;-D
Dirtbags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby work4beerz » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:24 pm

wannabthechamp wrote:Perhaps he's this year's Domanick Davis?

So what you are saying is don't draft him high next year?
work4beerz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ek » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:30 pm

Mewelde has filled in during Jamal Lewis's suspension and my squad hasn't missed a beat...the only problem now is finding a place for him in my lineup once Lewis comes back (I also have Dillon and Homes :-D ).
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk