Designed Plays for Alstott. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Designed Plays for Alstott.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Designed Plays for Alstott.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:53 pm

Roy Cummings, Tampa Tribune

HC Jon Gruden spent some of his time designing about two dozen new plays specifically for FB Mike Alstott. ``He created some plays for me,'' Alstott said. ``Probably, I'll get more reps in the passing game this year. We've been working on some situations to get me more involved there.''
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:18 pm

Ok so they will throw him the ball 6 yards out instead or handing it to him at the goal line :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby remote controller » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:07 pm

Many forget the success Alstott had, originally, as a receiving back for Tampa. His receiving ability had a lot to do with his first probowl offer. They really got away from it, and now hopefully, have come full circle, to rediscover his flexibility as a all around back. He is a great #3 or #4 back to have on a team. Just what the doctor ordered for bye weeks. He produces like your typical vulture back, yet still pops two or three 100 yard combined games per season. I seem to end up with him every year and this season I'll be looking for him because Gruden really has no better option!
remote controller
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Vixtor » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:12 pm

With that whole RB "situation" down in Tampa - I think Alstott will have a better than normal season. Nothing spectacular, mind you, but good value in deeper leagues.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby remote controller » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:31 pm

Vixtor wrote:With that whole RB "situation" down in Tampa - I think Alstott will have a better than normal season. Nothing spectacular, mind you, but good value in deeper leagues.

You can't possibly go wrong with him as your #4 rb.
remote controller
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk