What is Pittman's Value Now - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is Pittman's Value Now

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is Pittman's Value Now

Postby RedskinsRock » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:55 pm

What types of wide recievers or runningbacks could one get with Pittman now scoring in 2 straight games, and alstot out. Assuming Pittmans injury isnt serious
Joe Gibbs for President
RedskinsRock
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby shockandawe_ffc » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:25 pm

I'm a little bias towards backs who can run and catch out of the backfield- and that's what Pittman can do for you. Dare I say he's a poorer version of Fred Taylor with rising stock. A richer version of T Jones.

Pittman's a starter on a team without alot of options out of the backfield so I'd put his value equal to a WR1- like a D Mason or D Jack, Bruce.

It will come down to your league's scoring grid.
shockandawe_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: What is Pittman's Value Now

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:36 am

RedskinsRock wrote:What types of wide recievers or runningbacks could one get with Pittman now scoring in 2 straight games, and alstot out. Assuming Pittmans injury isnt serious

Is Pittman injured? I didn't hear anything on that.

In any event, I liked Michael Pittman last year as he had occasional games where he looked very good and thought he was a good middle-tier RB when given the right opportunity. I think having Griese in there at QB gives him the best chance to succeed right now and the return of guys like Jurevicius and Galloway will help matters in Tampa and open up things for Pitt even more.

The Bears were the perfect pill for what was ailing the Bucs and Pittman was able to take advantage. He has no real staunch back-up on his team and is a good weapon in the passing game. I think teams could do a lot worse than to have him on their team and he seems to be shaking off some of the rust from his suspension.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:38 am

I just realized I never answered the "value" question.

As for WRs, he would probably be worth a Mason/Jackson/Wayne. Fortunately for me, I already have those guys on my team, so I wouldn't need another WR of that same caliber on my roster. I just need more backs!
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:38 am

His value to me is - my answer at the #2 RB position. :-)

Henry just isn't cutting the mustard this year, and now with Willis getting more carries than Travis is, the whole thing is just a fantasy nightmare. Due to my eighteen million bust RB pickups so far this year (Julius Jones, Lamar Gordon, Aaron Stecker, DeShaun Foster etc.), I really needed some stability at RB. I really hope Pittman's OK because he will be the main RB in an offense that is starting to click. Thank goodness for Mark Clayton and Brian Griese... :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bucswinitall » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:55 am

All I know is I got 40+ points from 2 guys that no one ever expected to be able to carry a team (M. Moore/Pittman). I still have S. Davis, Jamal, and Rudi on the bench.

His value is probably peaking, but will stay pretty high now that Alstott is out and if you look at their schedule it is VERY favorable.

I've tried to shop him before now, but will see what I get after his 21 pts this week and post back.
bucswinitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby detroit_to_denver » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:36 am

I am in pinch now. I have one stud, Edge, but i also have 3 guys that i don't feel well produce everyweek, Pittman, Barlow, Duce. I was gonna lean on Duce and Barlow with Pittman constantly getting spelled by Alstott but i like him now with his schedule, Alstott out and being able to catch. I think I would rather shop Duce as he is just too aggrevating with the Bus taking all his TDs. Plus Duces' schedule is much more difficult then Pittmans.
detroit_to_denver
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:41 am

I don't think Pittman's value is anywhere near the guys that have been mentioned like Fred Taylor, Mason, Djax, Bruce, etc.

The Bears D just gave up 200yds rushing the week before, and generally the Bucs offense is very very poor.
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:54 am

Free Bagel wrote:The Bears D just gave up 200yds rushing the week before, and generally the Bucs offense is very very poor.

The Bears' D is bad, but the Bucs have alot of similar defenses on their upcoming schedule
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:02 pm

With Griese at the helm, I think Tampa Bay is a lot better an offense. They haven't been tested yet, they faced STL who plays down to the level of their opponents, and a pitiful Bears team. But I still think he is the answer over Simms and BJ. \

Alstott is out, and that coupled with the favorable schedule makes him a very inticing option. I know a solid RB with receiving skills out of the backfield is a great addition to a team. Outstanding pickup to all those who added him. ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk