Some thoughts on Vanderjagt - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Some thoughts on Vanderjagt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some thoughts on Vanderjagt

Postby eriesteeler » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:46 am

Going against the well worn ff rule, I drafted Vanderjagt relatively early (6th round) in a 12 team league. I really expected a monster year from him. While I know he was injured, he just has not done much at all so far. Is this a guy that might be worth trading in a package deal. There are other good kickers available in the league. It just seems that Indy gets in shootouts all the time and then has to score TDs and not kick field goals. I'd like your input from other Vanerjagt owners. I'll help with your questions as well
eriesteeler
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Some thoughts on Vanderjagt

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:58 am

eriesteeler wrote:Going against the well worn ff rule, I drafted Vanderjagt relatively early (6th round) in a 12 team league. I really expected a monster year from him. While I know he was injured, he just has not done much at all so far. Is this a guy that might be worth trading in a package deal. There are other good kickers available in the league. It just seems that Indy gets in shootouts all the time and then has to score TDs and not kick field goals. I'd like your input from other Vanerjagt owners. I'll help with your questions as well
All I can say is that is what you get for drafting a kicker early. No one is probably going to trade for a struggling kicker. Vandy is a good example of all the turnover at the top 10 in kicking posistions.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby strats36 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:57 pm

Some guy actually drafted him first in my league. He's in last place.
ImageImageImage
strats36
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Some thoughts on Vanderjagt

Postby Chopper » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:18 pm

eriesteeler wrote:..... Is this a guy that might be worth trading in a package deal. There are other good kickers available in the league.

Mr. Payton summed up well what you already said without saying it. There are good kickers available. So how much trade value is Vandy really going to have?
I've seen Wilkins dropped in a couple leagues because of his bye and he was drafted around the same time. If you think Kris Brown or Kaeding, etc. will score better (and they well may), then go ahead and switch. Not a huge risk.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk