What is the deal with Tomlinson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is the deal with Tomlinson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is the deal with Tomlinson?

Postby cwrtlm » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:43 am

He has been losing touches, yards and Touchdowns to Chatman. If he would have had that late TD and those yards I would have a victory tonite!
cwrtlm
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bowie » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:46 am

His hamstring problems just won't go away. It sounds like he wants to play through it, but I would expect Chapman to continue taking some touches from him until the bye week at the least.

Edit: My bad. It's a groin injury.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:28 am

Yes, I believe it is the groin. :-P

I've had some groin strains and pulls before, and they really stink. It's just a nagging pain that just jabs you anytime you make a sudden turn to the side. I can't imagine what trying to play football is like with one of those things. The worst part is that it takes forever to get better...like two months or so before the pain totally stops. It's just like a hamstring pull except in a different place. !+)

Since SD is still winning, I think they can afford to be a little less dependent on LT. That isn't good for fantasy owners, but it gives him a better chance to play in every game and contribute.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:35 am

2 months? What a topsy-turvey season, when Tiki Barber has emerged as my go-to RB over LT2.

Can't they just pump LT full of cortizone & painkillers? :-D
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:14 pm

Here's a crappy little tidbit for all of us LT owners:

According to the Union-Tribune, L.T. knows that only rest will heal his injury, but he sounds determined to play through the pain. "I'm struggling a little bit," Tomlinson said. "But hey, injuries are going to happen. I can't say its worse, but I don't feel any better. I'm going to continue to try and play through it. As long as I'm walking and can run a little bit, I'm going to keep playing."

Obviously this injury will limit Tomlinson's effectiveness throughout the season.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk