Degrees of seperation away from... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Degrees of seperation away from...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Degrees of seperation away from...

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:50 am

branched from another topic...

You are 2 degrees of seperation away from Richard Dean Anderson! (AKA MacGyver!). My best friend in high school is his cousin.

You are 5 degrees of seperation away from Stephen Alexander. My best friend's dad is friends with his dad.

anyone else?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Poobah » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:41 pm

would this have to be people we know (like your best friend's cousin), or does this include people we've met. I got nothing for cool relations, but I friend of mine in college was in a movie with Kathleen Turner and Sam Watterson.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby DUKE » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:56 pm

My HighSchool Football team played a pre-season game against a school called Wyoming High School that featured Ahmed Plummer at quarterback. He was like Mike Vick behind center. He dropped back on one play and tucked it and ran to the right side of the field. I was playing DB and ran at him to make an open field tackle, when he gave me a crazy juke move and slid right out of my grasp, running for a touchdown :-o . He didn't throw a lot, but torched us on the ground. Later that season, we saw his picture in Sports Illustrated in the "faces in the crowd" section, where they feature blossoming stars at the highschool level. Of course now he plays Cornerback for the 49ers, and that makes me feel a little better about getting burned for a Touchdown by him. :-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Homeless » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:37 pm

Hmmm not sure I can post this BUT here goes anyway :

My wifes friend is very high up in the republican party, they dine with the Bushes and other top officials. The Bushes were at his daughters wedding.

I have a cousin who is one of the Queens equerry (Yes the Queen of England) he is a legal advisor to her.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:49 pm

Billy Owens slammed on me...well,kinda easily pushed me aside and rammed on a friend of mine,playground hoops.Not sure if he's still in the NBA,played with a few teams through the years.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DUKE » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:27 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Billy Owens slammed on me...well,kinda easily pushed me aside and rammed on a friend of mine,playground hoops.Not sure if he's still in the NBA,played with a few teams through the years.

I remember Billy Owens. He was VERY GOOD in college at Syracuse. I'm not sure where he is now. Isn't it cool to get schooled by a famous athlete ? :-)
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DUKE » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:31 pm

Homeless wrote:Hmmm not sure I can post this BUT here goes anyway :

My wifes friend is very high up in the republican party, they dine with the Bushes and other top officials. The Bushes were at his daughters wedding.

I have a cousin who is one of the Queens equerry (Yes the Queen of England) he is a legal advisor to her.

some pretty cool sh 8-o t there Homey. ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:31 pm

DUKE wrote:some pretty cool sh 8-o t there Homey. ;-D

Not bad for a homeless guy ;-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby thelongestyard » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:43 pm

I used to work at a flight school in Hawaii with my mom and now step-father. Met Russ Francis, former tight end for the NE Patriots there (friend of step-father) and had the opportunity to fly with him several times. Played a round of golf with Bill Fitch (ex Celtics coach), Fran Tarkenton (yeah the QB), and my step father in NM. Fitch and Tark each have a house about three miles from where my mom and s-f live. They also live near and dine occasionally with Johnny Tapia. Not sure how Pete winds up meeting these guys, but he is my hero. Hehe..... :-)
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:56 pm

Ok,now that we're talking about brushes with VIPS.

I ran a gas station for a couple of years...let my employee take a customer...he paid with a credit card.He says,"that dude is tall,and he's got a bigass gold ring on,some kinda sports star".I looked at the card...Kevin McHale.He was on vacation and in a hurry but I did manage to stand face-to...chest with him...he definitely is tall.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk