Degrees of seperation away from... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Degrees of seperation away from...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:05 pm

Asked Pete Rose for his autograph whn I's 5 yo...he was eating at "Johnny Bench's Homeplate" restaurant.He gave the autograph,it has long been lost.He was having scrambled eggs and bacon.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:12 pm

Kinda met David Lee Roth...late 80's,Monsters of Rock Tour.Pittsburgh,at an arcade/newsstand playin' pinball.Five guys on mountain bikes(they were new then) rolled in for drinks,DLR and his bodyguards.We were like,David Lee Roth!!!,he was like,"Hey Guys"(in that cool voice).That's it.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:19 pm

Got more...the most recent.

He's not really famous but...2 or 3 years ago...Carlisle,Pa.,charity hoops game,went to see Jerome Bettis(no-show),met Hank Poteat.Asked him about helping the secondary and definitely returning kicks,he was timid and scared,called his "Boys" over for back-up,didn't like him from that second.

Also met Richard Huntley at that game,he hit on my G/F hard,I bucked up.He was such an idiot,of course nothing happened because it created a ruckus and was broken-up by his peeps...bad publicity,haha.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:30 pm

Got more...would have to recollect...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby awwchrist » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:22 am

brush ins?

Ran into Mike Ditka in the San Diego airport on my way to boot camp.

I started to say something to him and he replied:

"No time ta talk kid."

Screw you.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:10 am

LOL aww,I met Ditka's brother Ashton,he was the main speaker at a business seminar I attended in Buffalo,he looks a lot like Mike.He avoided my conversation when it turned to Mike and football.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Arlo » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:07 am

Wow, those are some great ones! ;-D

I guess my own favorite random encounter was at a Counting Crows concert a while back. Even though there was a torrential downpour (one of those big summer thunderstorms) at the time, Adam Duritz stood in the middle of the crowd (next to me :-) ) and watched his warmup band's entire set.

Just nice to see someone who doesn't have an "I'm a big star so no way am I going to get wet watching the people playing with me, and I'm definitely not getting near the folks who bought tickets to see me" attitude... ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kashikis » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:54 am

I met aand talked with Jason Newsted, the old bass player forMetallica at a concert. We were headed to the car when he was wondering throught the crowd drinking beer. He was real cool stopped and we talked for like 5 minutes ;-D

I also met Jimi Haha from Jimmys Chicken Shack too at a club. We ended up sitting on their equipment on the side of the stage too it kicked ass ;-D
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:02 am

I love Jimmy's Chicken Shack,got me singin' "High". ;-7

Can't find anything on Kazaa... :~(
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DUKE » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:52 am

Here's another:

My cousin was the kicker at Ohio State (Tim Williams) in the early-mid nineties. He was actually a good college kicker. Was all Big Ten in '93. I used to go to a lot of their games and hang out with some of the players after the game w/ him. I remember seeing Dan Wilkinson, Steve Tovar, Joey Galloway, Robert Smith etc.

One thing that I remember, was that Joey Galloway stands on his tip-toes and walks on them all of the time. His heels literally never touch the ground. Apparently it's how he has stood and walked ever since he was a kid. As a result, his calf muscles are very defined and huge. I'd say thats probably had something to do w/ his amazing speed. Of course I tried walking like that and my calfs killed after like 15 minutes.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk