Degrees of seperation away from... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Degrees of seperation away from...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Arlo » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:21 am

DUKE wrote:One thing that I remember, was that Joey Galloway stands on his tip-toes and walks on them all of the time. His heels literally never touch the ground. Apparently it's how he has stood and walked ever since he was a kid. As a result, his calf muscles are very defined and huge. I'd say thats probably had something to do w/ his amazing speed. Of course I tried walking like that and my calfs killed after like 15 minutes.

Really? I used to do that as a kid. Still catch myself occasionally...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:55 am

DUKE wrote:

One thing that I remember, was that Joey Galloway stands on his tip-toes and walks on them all of the time. His heels literally never touch the ground. Apparently it's how he has stood and walked ever since he was a kid.

As a bitter seahawks fan those are the types of things you wish you'd have known about earlier. ;-D
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Poobah » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:36 am

Let's see, played on a youth soccer league team with Darren and Jamie Sharper. Then went to middle and high school with them, and with Shawn Barber. Dunno why they all went defense, Jamie wasn't a bad QB.

Met Ralph Sampson once. You know, I can say he's tall, and you say of course, he's 7 friggin 4. But I'm 6 feet and stood next to him. Damn, is all I can say.

If there's any old hippies or British folk music fans in here, my wife and I had a nice conversation with Robin Williamson the last time he played in Charlottesville.

Lastly (yes, shooting the whole wad at once) Alex Trebek is really business-like and warms up the crowd a lot more than the contestants when he's working.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:11 pm

Used to work for a pool company.One day on the way home in West Virginia,we stopped to drop off some stuff at James Jett's house...the company had built his pool a year earlier...nice place.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:12 pm

Went to school in Pittsburgh,dated a girl whose best friend lived across the street from Mr.Rogers in Squirrel Hill,an upscale suburb of the city.Saw him a couple of times,waved and said hello.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:14 pm

During that same college stint,met Mario Lemieux.Was dating a different girl,a model...woohoo she was nice.One of her buddies from her classes was "friends" with him.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby terpfan » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:15 pm

well... my grandmother taught olympic gymnast dominique dawes and nba all star steve francis at takoma park elementary school... and my godfathers nephew, grant noel, started at qb for virginia tech and played with michael vick. that makes me cool right? :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:17 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Ok,now that we're talking about brushes with VIPS.

I ran a gas station for a couple of years...let my employee take a customer...he paid with a credit card.He says,"that dude is tall,and he's got a bigass gold ring on,some kinda sports star".I looked at the card...Kevin McHale.He was on vacation and in a hurry but I did manage to stand face-to...chest with him...he definitely is tall.

I had a McHale brush in too. I was 16 and working at a Hardees in Minnesota (where he lives) and he came in for a bite to eat. I cooked him up some fresh burgers. It was prettycool.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:01 am

Fought this dude in my high school days,lost a shoe,got my head slammed into a Cadillac window,and actually got the better of the bigger,older guy...cops broke it up,they made fun of him because they thought he shoulda been whoopin' me.

This was the first of a few run-ins with the guy and we actually became friends.Anyways...his older sister is married to Lynn Swann.Every time I run into him,he tells me stories of parties in which many great Steelers attend.Too Cool!

He's a Redskins fan though... :-P
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kashikis » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:14 pm

GP scrappin it out with Skins' fans!

uh oh better watch out terp and rosey he's huntin injuns, lol
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk