UPDATE: Glenn Out For Year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

UPDATE: Glenn Out For Year

Moderator: Football Moderators

UPDATE: Glenn Out For Year

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:40 pm

UPDATE: Article below is outdated, read Chopper's post below for the latest scoop.

This gives Morgan an excellent opportunity to shine...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/7828078

IRVING, Texas (Oct. 25, 2004) -- Dallas Cowboys receiver Terry Glenn will be out at least two weeks because of a sprained right foot.

Coach Bill Parcells said the injury won't require surgery but is "pretty severe."

Glenn aggravated his foot in the first quarter of the 41-20 loss at Green Bay. He had just one catch for 6 yards in that game, and has 24 for 400 yards this season.

Receiver Quincy Morgan, acquired in a trade from Cleveland for Antonio Bryant last week, strained his hamstring against Green Bay. Parcells said Morgan is day to day with his injury.

Morgan would be the likely replacement for Glenn in the starting lineup. He had four catches for 76 yards against the Packers.

Last edited by IRON CHEF on Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chopper » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:14 pm

Wow. Didn't see this one coming. Going to be a little bit more than 2 weeks!
Fanball:
Cowboys: Glenn out for the season
THE NEWS

Cowboys' wide receiver Terry Glenn will miss the remainder of the season due to a severely sprained foot, according to the Dallas Morning News. Glenn suffered the injury in week seven and was initially expected to miss two weeks, but it has since been determined that he will not return this season. The nine-year veteran has been placed on injured reserve, and finishes the year with 24 receptions for 400 yards and two touchdowns.

OUR VIEW

Quincy Morgan, who was acquired on October 19 in a trade with the Browns, will likely join Keyshawn Johnson as the Cowboys' starting wide receivers for the remainder of the season. Glenn owners who are looking for a replacement player should at least consider Morgan, as Cowboys' quarterback Vinny Testaverde has passed for more than 300 yards three times already this year.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:18 pm

Yup, I saw that too on the ESPN ticker. He's done for the year. I guess this adds value to Jason Witten, also. He's been targeted more now that the WR mix is broken up.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:47 pm

The Cowboys are hurting: Morgan is out this week too, Campbell out for the year, problems with the OL, can't use Witten to block because they need him as a receiver, can't run the ball too effectively, corners suck, etc. Almost feel bad them. :-o
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:51 pm

Amazinz wrote:The Cowboys are hurting: Morgan is out this week too, Campbell out for the year, problems with the OL, can't use Witten to block because they need him as a receiver, can't run the ball too effectively, corners suck, etc. Almost feel bad them. :-o

But then you remembered that they are the Cowboys. The same group that Irvin snorted coke off some hooker, the same group who had one of their d-lineman arrested with over 400 lbs of grass in a van, and the same group who hired the brilliant head coach who tried to get a gun onto an airplane. Nah, I don't feel bad for them at all.

(Maybe I am a bitter GB fan though...)
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:51 pm

Amazinz wrote:The Cowboys are hurting: Morgan is out this week too, Campbell out for the year, problems with the OL, can't use Witten to block because they need him as a receiver, can't run the ball too effectively, corners suck, etc. Almost feel bad them. :-o

1. Morgan is still questionable for this week, I think he's gonna play.

2. Don't EVER feel bad for the Cowgirls. :-)
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:55 pm

I can't remember, were there people saying the Cowboys would be better than the Eagles? If you did say that, man up and admit it.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:36 pm

Let me rephrase, I feel bad for the Cowboys fans. I'm perfectly OK with Cowboys rotting away in the NFC East basement. :-b

Kanez, thanks for the heads up on Morgan. I had read that he was out. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:00 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:I can't remember, were there people saying the Cowboys would be better than the Eagles? If you did say that, man up and admit it.

not I... I said we'd wildcard again. I do remember saying Washington would give us our money's worth though. Too bad neither were true.

And Amazinz/Kanezfan, we don't need your pity... ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk