David Boston, Rod Smith, or Ladanien Tomlinson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

David Boston, Rod Smith, or Ladanien Tomlinson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

David Boston, Rod Smith, or Ladanien Tomlinson?

Postby BRiley » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:37 pm

I have the 2nd, 6th, and 7th picks in my draft (I Traded Brett Favre for the 6 and 7). I am taking Shaun Alexander at 2 and Ricky Williams at 3, who do I take next? David Boston, Rod Smith, or Tomlinson? Everyone else has QBs franchised so I could get one later. But we are rewarded for combo points so if I get Rod Smith early I could get Griese later. Plummer would be a bad combo pick and Tomlinson is unproven....who do I take?
BRiley

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:04 pm

How substantial is the combo bonus? Would it be worth passing on Tomlinson?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Combo Points

Postby BRiley » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:43 pm

The combo is worth 2 or 3 points per touchdown and touchdowns are worth 6 points for both running backs and receivers.....there are 2 or 3 point bonuses also for rbs and wrs.....
BRiley

completed version

Postby BRiley » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:46 pm

100 yard games get 2 or 3 point bonuses for both rbs and wrs....I also have the 20 and 22nd pick which I could probably get Jimmy Smith and Joe Horn and then pick Aaron Brooks at 41 which is my next pick......running backs are scarse but I have also heard that fred taylor is not going until the 30s so I could pick Rod Smith or Boston and then get Taylor at 20 for my third back and Jimmy Smith or Joe Horn as my second receiver (WE ONLY HAVE 7 TEAMS...cant you tell!)
BRiley

Postby SolarfluX » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:26 am

Well... Smith is great, but McCaffrey is back and so is Sharpe which leads me to believe his production will go down. Boston will be doubled often and they're playing the Rams and Niners twice each this year. I'd go with Tomlinson and then maybe trade him for a stud QB, or keep him for insurance.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk