uh....boys.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

uh....boys....

Moderator: Football Moderators

uh....boys....

Postby Flux » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:41 pm

wtf, we kicked some major ass tonight. Our defense looked very good and Droughns 110 yards didnt at all seem like that much to me.

Where has this been all season? This could be a huge turning point for us. A huge win over a 5-1 team on monday night is what confidence is built around
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Turnip » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:54 am

Let's head into the Steelers game 5-4! The next 3 games are winnable.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:15 pm

Very encouraging game. Hate to see Williams DT go out in such an unfortunate fashion. I am though excited to see Marvin speak highly of the prospects of Askew filling in. In his press conference after the game, he almost seemed giddy when mentioning the rookie Defensive tackle. If he adapts quickly, he could eventually become that big body on our DLine that we hoped when drafting him. He has the best size on the whole Dline corps. Lets hope that the Denver game can gather some momentum much like last year's big Kansas City win.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Flux » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:33 pm

DUKE did you end up going to the game or not?

The loss of Williams really sucks, and the worst part about it, it was such a cheap block. I hate Shannahan and the crap he teaches them in DEN
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:15 am

Flux, I didn't go; one of the first home games I haven't attended in a while. Now it makes me wonder if I should be superstitious and not go to the next home game. I had a few opportunities, but decided to see the game on television. I figured it would represent its own experience watching the Bengals on television on Monday night football. The crowd seemed to represent well. At times, I regretted not being there, but I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it in the fashion that I watched it in. I loved the way we blitzed on defense. We blitzed like I had envisioned this defense to blitz since Marvin hired Leslie Frazier and announced his philosophy on defense. It left our DB's with the responsibility to do their job and prevent the big play. With that strategy, we forced Plummer to get rid of the ball earlier than he expected, and it resulted in a few int's. I think, with that strategy, we have DB's that can take advantage of such opportunities. We may get burned occasionally, but we should also render more turnovers and big plays on defense. Most of it depends on how effective our pass rush is. For some reason, Justin Smith has been getting in the backfield more often since his DUI. Even when he doesn't get the sack, he seems to be getting more constant pressure in the backfield. Ok, I've rambled enough...This week is a very winnable game. We need to build on the momentum that we created Monday night. Though Tony Williams is out (via cheap shot), I'm excited to see (in Marvin's words) our nugget: Mathais Askew. He will be subbing with Langston Moore, but if he plays up to his potential, he could be the big DT that we've been waiting for as Cincy fans.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Return to Cincinnati Bengals