BEST Defenses - week 8... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BEST Defenses - week 8...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby charlief1975 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:19 pm

I have the Miami D, and yes it has been dissapointing....I am going to take a leap of faith and go with Arizona. They were available in my league.
charlief1975
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bahl » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:03 pm

Tampa is my D but they are on a bye and have a bad match up during week 9. I have CHI. They are ranked six the list which is not bad. However they are playing against Rattay and he has been on fire of late. Will CHI be able to shut him down? Also would TEN, SD, CIN or DAL be a better play than CHI?
bahl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby matmat » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:19 pm

bahl wrote:Tampa is my D but they are on a bye and have a bad match up during week 9. I have CHI. They are ranked six the list which is not bad. However they are playing against Rattay and he has been on fire of late. Will CHI be able to shut him down? Also would TEN, SD, CIN or DAL be a better play than CHI?

I am not convinced that chicago is a good play this week. I have a feeling that their defenders, as good as they are, will be on the field a REALLY long time on sunday. that said, it's turnovers that get points for teams, and they might still get a bunch of points out of rattay and barlow.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Count_Rugen » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:56 am

Got NYJ and Ari as well.

Going with NYJ. See you in the endzone!

keep up the awesomeness p!
H-dinck:[i]"I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped."[/i]
Count Rugen:[i]"Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."[/i]
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:23 pm

week 9 being calculated as we speak? or waiting for after tonight?
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Count_Rugen » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:42 pm

Can anyone list the faults in Arizona's game that led to such a tragicly crushing game?
H-dinck:[i]"I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped."[/i]
Count Rugen:[i]"Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."[/i]
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby POPCORN1 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:40 am

are week 9 Defensive picks up yet ?
POPCORN1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby rickscogland » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:03 am

I need someone else to tell me if I should stick with Denver (vs Houston) this week, or visit the WW
rickscogland
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:52 am

I know you guys are itching for this weeks list... :-)

I haven't seen Plindsey around here for the past few days...so maybe that's why the new list is delayed. We're also thinking about expanding the ranks beyond the forums, so this may also be why you're not seeing anything. I'm sure Plindsey will have something for you soon! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:06 pm

Count_Rugen wrote:Can anyone list the faults in Arizona's game that led to such a tragicly crushing game?

I didn't get to see the game due to a local blackout so I had the same question as you did Count. How did Buff score 38 points! Well... it wasn't the Zona D.

209 total yards, 11 first downs. Buff lost the TOP battle as well. 1 td came off a kick return but that still leaves 31 points. Buff didn't get a pick or a fumble recovery.

It was all punt returns and penalties. Buff started on there 45 and Zona's 19, 11 and 30. So, it wasn't ZOna's D that was rotten it was there special teams. 30 yard punts, 15 yard penalties etc...
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk