Your Presidential Vote Goes To... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Your Presidential Vote Goes To...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bush/Kerry/Nader/Badnarik?

Bush
40%
Kerry
47%
Nader
7%
Badnarik
5%

Total votes : 57

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:17 pm

why is everyone against abortion? Obviously you wouldnt do it far into the pregnancy, b8ut come on. From my biology courses I know the thing doesnt even have a trace of a brain for a few weeks. sorry but I dont feel too bad about destroying something with no brain. call me heartless.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:24 pm

skinsfan wrote:If a woman is raped, she still should have the child. At least let something good come of such a tragic event. Even so, rape pregnancies are very rare.

8-o What the 8-o

She would have to look at the child for the rest of her life and remember that terrible thing (rape) happened. That is not fare to the woman.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Turnip » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:50 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
skinsfan wrote:No, I don't think that we should limit liberties beyond CRIMINAL acts. Killing something that if unabated will become a full-grown human (and I believe already is a person) is inherently criminal.

The Constitution disagrees with you.

skinsfan wrote:If a girl doesn't want to get pregnant, she shouldn't f**k, as that is the biological goal.

Right, but if a girl gets raped, she isn't looking to get pregnant.

skinsfan wrote:Once you are pregnant, tough luck, you have to have the kid.

Says who? Big Brother? The conservatives say we don't need big government, but this sounds like some type on anarchy.

skinsfan wrote:And if you are saying "what they want to do with their own bodies" is an issue, remember we aren't in the 1600's when giving birth was often lethal.

Giving birth is still often lethal, and it's always painful nonetheless. And even if it wasn't, that's not the point. It's the woman's body, and to quote South Park, she "can do what she wants, whateva, whateva."

Also, basically you're saying there's a slim chance of breast cancer if the woman has an abortion, which is often times not lethal. I'm saying that if we abolish abortion, then women whose life is at risk that will DIE if they don't have the abortion, and since it would be illegal to have one under your system, then you would be killing two "people", instead of there being a less than .1% chance that the woman would get breast cancer.

skinsfan wrote:that is how it happens VERY often, especially with the most popular style of abortion, the French chemical abortion.

Not sure where you're getting your stats, but BY FAR the most common abortion in America is through a pill.

I am not taking sides on the abortion debate, but what are you talking about? "Big brother" and "anarchy" are complete opposites.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:46 am

I would like to shed some light on this...

I would say the vast majority of us here are men, correct? Therefore, we really don't know what the f*** women go through who have abortions. We might have an idea, but can we really fatham the psycological damage it has on women? I say, leave abortion to the women. HER BODY, HER CHOICE. Yes, it may also be the "baby's body," but do you really think women haven't thought of that too? They just have abortions absent-mindedly? (if that's a word...) Don't make it hard enough on women who have to go through this immencely difficult time in their lives as it is by outlawing abortion.

I am not exactly for abortion myself... but I wouldn't know any better. I'm not a woman.... and I don't plan to be any time in the near future... ;-D

This is probably the only opinion Kerry and I share. When he gave his answer on abortion in the 2nd debate, it impressed me. Still... if I could vote (26 days... argh...), I would either not vote at all, or vote Bush.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LBJackal » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:41 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:I would like to shed some light on this...

I would say the vast majority of us here are men, correct? Therefore, we really don't know what the f*** women go through who have abortions. We might have an idea, but can we really fatham the psycological damage it has on women? I say, leave abortion to the women. HER BODY, HER CHOICE. Yes, it may also be the "baby's body," but do you really think women haven't thought of that too? They just have abortions absent-mindedly? (if that's a word...)

Sadly, yes, there are women who do it absent mindedly. I'm not going to approve of anyone having the right to kill a baby just because they don't want it. It's not her body, and it's not her choice.

Don't make it hard enough on women who have to go through this immencely difficult time in their lives as it is by outlawing abortion.

Oh poor them, they want to get pregnant but they don't want to deal with the consequences. That's too bad, but go find something else to do on saturday night - or try contraception.

I am not exactly for abortion myself... but I wouldn't know any better. I'm not a woman.... and I don't plan to be any time in the near future... ;-D

This isn't about experiencing it. It's about giving everybody a right to life. I'm sure it hurts like hell though.

This is probably the only opinion Kerry and I share. When he gave his answer on abortion in the 2nd debate, it impressed me. Still... if I could vote (26 days... argh...), I would either not vote at all, or vote Bush.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dihall » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:24 am

O.K. I wasn't going to reply to this thread anymore, just read it occassionally, but it looks like I may be the only one here with experience on having a baby. First of all, the law says that if the mother is in danger and if I am correct in the case of rape, abortion is legal, I may be wrong, but I thinkg that is the case. Second of all, once you are pregnant, everything changes. You can feel the life inside of you not too terribly long afterwards even if it is the size of a lima bean. I think the right to choose in the case of the woman's health and in rape is right, but I'm not sure I agree with any other case, but I digress. Coming from a mother who has had two children, I find it really sad for all the women who really, really want to get pregnant and can't and then there are women or girls out there just getting pregnant because they don't know how to keep their legs together or because they think it would be "neat". It is not necessarily neat or comfortable, but in the end it is all worth it! Too many people really want children and can't for me to feel a bit sorry for those stupid people who get pregnant when they shouldn't!
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Homeless » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:13 am

OK gang, I think weve made our points and I also think its time to move on.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Previous

Return to General Talk