eminem's new video - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

eminem's new video

Moderator: Football Moderators

eminem's new video

Postby BGbootha » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:30 am

my man V-Hawk mentioned it in the presidential thread a while ago. I didn't want to turn that thread into this one (I really enjoyed that thread by the way), but this was pretty powerful to say the least.

check it out even if you aren't a fan of his music.

http://launch.yahoo.com/musicvideos/

you can find the video here
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby LBJackal » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:01 am

I think he's ignorant, and he's going to persuade other ignorant bums in the "ghetto" to side with him and go against Bush. It's Bush's fault that they're poor, right? Going to war is always wrong, right?

I like Eminem for entertainment but in reality he doesn't know what he's talking about. He should stick to making meaningless videos that we can laugh at.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:16 am

lbjackal wrote:I think he's ignorant, and he's going to persuade other ignorant bums in the "ghetto" to side with him and go against Bush. It's Bush's fault that they're poor, right? Going to war is always wrong, right?

I like Eminem for entertainment but in reality he doesn't know what he's talking about. He should stick to making meaningless videos that we can laugh at.

I concur, except that I wish he would stop making videos all together.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:36 am

I wonder if he's registered to vote anywhere.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:18 am

lbjackal wrote:I think he's ignorant, and he's going to persuade other ignorant bums in the "ghetto" to side with him and go against Bush. It's Bush's fault that they're poor, right? Going to war is always wrong, right?

You would be totally out of the loop if you believed that the only people Eminem brought to the table are "ignorant bums in the ghetto" (a statement some would fine incredibly offenseive). YOu must not realize that this guy has a HUGE white suburban following with guys 18-23.

And your last to statemnts are just out of line. The reality, and what Eminem and others are telling kids in the "ghetto" is that war is not always wrong, but this war was. And obviously I don't know the situation of every kid out there, but I doubt Bush's tax cuts helped them out very much.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Diablo13 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:15 am

VHawk15 wrote:And your last to statemnts are just out of line. The reality, and what Eminem and others are telling kids in the "ghetto" is that war is not always wrong, but this war was. And obviously I don't know the situation of every kid out there, but I doubt Bush's tax cuts helped them out very much.

Wow VHawk,

Had much respect for ya 'til you said that.

Were you in this war?

The way that I see it, if you weren't over there, and you ain't a vet...shut up about it. You are the type of people that make soldiers lose moral when they see you on TV from overseas, and sick to their stomach when they return only to be protested. I understand that 'Nam was a bust, but the soldiers still didn't deserve to be spit on for that. This is turning into that. Only the difference here is that 50 million Muslims are now free of dictatorship.

But perhaps you are looking beyond that fact. Perhaps you are clouded by Bush's incessant desire to line his pockets with oil money. This paradigm makes my stomach turn. Stick to Fantasy Football man!

And if you ever want to know anything about the war, just ask me or somebody else...WHO WAS THERE!!!

<edited for content>
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:34 am

learn to discuss without using personal attacks.

Shame this thread's getting locked.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk