Brunell-No Guarantees. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars

Brunell-No Guarantees.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brunell-No Guarantees.

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:38 pm

Bart Hubbuch, Florida Times-Union

QB Mark Brunell won't be able to rest easy when the Jaguars open training camp Saturday. HC Jack Del Rio made that clear this week by refusing to guarantee that Brunell would open the regular season ahead of second-year pro QB David Garrard and rookie first-round pick QB Byron Leftwich as the Jaguars' starting passer.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:18 pm

Vic Ketchman, Jaguars Inside Report

Del Rio's voice quickly turned serious when he was asked about starting quarterback Mark Brunell's performance and the performance of the first offense. "Brunell was not very sharp. He had two three-and-out (series) and didn't move the sticks at all. (That's) not what we're looking for," Del Rio said.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:23 pm

Damn and I just traded Leftwych away in another one of my leagues...still it was part of a deal that netted me Portis :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Slingblade » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:32 am

has everyone forgot about garrand...he showed some skill when brunell was out
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Vixtor » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:05 am

Slingblade wrote:has everyone forgot about garrand...he showed some skill when brunell was out

That's news. Garrard completed 50% of his passes, threw for 1 TD, ran for 2 more, and had 3 turnovers. And, most importantly, in every game where he threw a pass the Jags lost. If Del Rio were to turn anywhere I'm guessing it would be to Leftwich.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Slingblade » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:41 am

Vixtor wrote:
Slingblade wrote:has everyone forgot about garrand...he showed some skill when brunell was out

That's news. Garrard completed 50% of his passes, threw for 1 TD, ran for 2 more, and had 3 turnovers. And, most importantly, in every game where he threw a pass the Jags lost. If Del Rio were to turn anywhere I'm guessing it would be to Leftwich.

well they have been saying leftwich hasn't been doing much
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars