should R.Moss be benched week 8? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

should R.Moss be benched week 8?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:09 pm

South Park Cows wrote:Never bench your studs,never!.I think we all learned that from CJ last week.Unless theres 110% chance that he will not play it's just too great of a risk.

Agreed somewhat... it really depends who you have sitting on your bench ready to take his spot.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PhuMasterFunk » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:36 pm

last week i put in Moss at the last second and it cost me my undeafeted season. i lost by 5 pts and if i had put in R. wiliams i would have won, but since moss is a pansy he cost me the lost.
this week im benching him, id rather have some points than none
PhuMasterFunk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:33 am

Honestly, it's a little too early for a thread like this. We're not going to have a (reasonably) clear picture until Friday/Saturday. From what I've heard he's been practicing, but we'll see if his injury gets better/worse in the next couple days.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tc » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:05 am

Ricky_Christ wrote:Honestly, it's a little too early for a thread like this. We're not going to have a (reasonably) clear picture until Friday/Saturday. From what I've heard he's been practicing, but we'll see if his injury gets better/worse in the next couple days.

I just wanted to get Moss owners opinions. I got happy last weekend too and played Moss at the last min. and got burned. so I was just wondering what other Moss owners where going to do. I know Tice's dumba s s won't say anything until sunday morning, but i'ld rather get a semi-heads up from fellow pwners and plan to bench or play moss than doing what i did last sunday.. which SUCKED!
tc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Chopper » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:42 am

Today's St. Paul Pioneer Press. Mostly just Tice quotes, so take it for what little its worth:
Posted on Thu, Oct. 28, 2004

Moss rejoins limited practice
BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

Randy Moss returned to the practice field Wednesday, and the Vikings are optimistic their star receiver will play a meaningful role in Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

Moss, on the field for just two plays last Sunday in the Vikings' 20-3 victory over Tennessee, will be listed as questionable because of a strained right hamstring and limited in practice until Friday.

He did take part in the early portion of Wednesday's practice, however, and was on the field for all 27 snaps of the morning walk-through.

"He did everything we wanted him to do today, and probably a little bit more," coach Mike Tice said. "And then we got him in and treated him up. He finished very well. It was a step forward.

Tice repeated that Moss' hamstring won't be 100 percent for a few weeks and said he misspoke Monday when he said the receiver had "strained that hamstring again a little bit."

"He did not take a step back in the game the other day," Tice said. "He only played two plays... He went out to keep his record (of 108 consecutive starts) intact. He went out as a token decoy in the slot, in an area where we knew he wasn't going to get the ball for two plays. So he didn't play in the game, so let's make sure we clarify that. He was on the field for two plays."

Exactly how much Moss will play Sunday is uncertain, but the Vikings were encouraged by what they saw Wednesday.

"We know he's a lot further ahead than he was last week," Tice said. "Last week we didn't feel like he was going to suit up until Friday.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:48 am

If you have any other decent backups, I would bench Moss this week....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Siggyfawn » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:32 pm

Never bench your Studs.

Hahahahhaha. If they don't play, they aren't studs. What about people who played him last week and lost? The moss owner in my league got burned doing that. Wooops. Vikings are cruising and Moss is a huge factor to their playoff hopes. There's no need to rush him, as his speed is his main threat.

If you have a tough game, I wouldn't start him. Best case he gets 1 TD on goaline for 1 yds. Not exactly great production, worst case he doesn't play. Doesn't sound like a good gamble to me. Like someone else said, they are going to give the media inflated reports so the giants prepare for him. Injury reports are never conservative, they are usually strategically given to blow smoke up the other teams ass.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:36 pm

I think Tice is lying and Moss will be fine and starting. He may not go off for 150 yds and two tds, but i would expect 80 yds and one td.

I would play him for those kind of numbers. There is always a high upside when Moss plays.
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:40 pm

I think Moss suits up, plays a couple of plays and then sits the bench as long as Minnesota is winning... If they start to falter, and get behind, then we will see Moss, again... But if they get and hold onto a lead, I don't see them risking further aggrivating his injury...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:45 pm

From Cbssprotsline:

News: The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports Randy Moss (hamstring)took part in the team's entire 30-minute morning walk-through and about half of their full-pads afternoon practice on Wednesday. "He is definitely moving in the right direction," coach Mike Tice said.

Analysis: Moss remains questionable for Week 8, but Tice is confident the receiver will start against the Giants.

Encouraging, but it doesn't eliminate Randy starting to keep the streak alive and then coming out.

My only option on the bench is Colbert because of byes. I'd like to start Randy this week though. I think we should wait until Sunday morning for more clarification.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk