should R.Moss be benched week 8? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

should R.Moss be benched week 8?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby xbird » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:25 pm

I agree with SiggyFawn, the Vikes are cruising and would be foolish to risk Moss until his hammy is healed. I'm starting McCardell again, and not listening to Tice's BS.
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Horizons » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:33 pm

I got sucked into a big goose egg last week and will probably regret the same decision in week 8 :~(

WR:R. Moss,S. Moss,A. Johnson,R. Williams,Fitzgerald,Burleson
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:10 am

As a Randy Moss owner, I am benching him until I see the truth with my own two eyes. I never buy into Mike Tice's jabber, he's a fantasy owner's worst nightmare with all of his exaggerations. I'd sit him until you get a straight answer.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:18 am

face it. if you sit him he'll blow up and put up 200yds and 3TDs, if you start him he'll make one catch for three yards.

last week I had drew bennet in for him and managed to get something like 15 yards out of him. this week i will play mccardell unless I hear before the game that Randy is FULLY healthy. None of that 'limited goalline $#!+.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:23 pm

It's an especially tough call for me, since I'm playing a Culpepper owner this week.

If I don't start Moss & he blows up, I'm a dead duck.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tmfs » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:40 pm

I think that moss is going to burn everybody for the second straight week. I along with many other people inserted him into my lineup sunday morning and got a goose egg. I just have the feeling that many people are going to leave him on the bench this week and he blows up (2 td's). So if he's playing i'm putting him in my lineup, the risk is just too great.

ps i'm playing the guy with culpepper this week
tmfs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tc » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:10 pm

cbssportsline is saying he'll definietly suit up and play a bigger role than last week. but i don't know??? is a gimpy moss worth anything if he can't run or jump? it seems like culpepper is confident enough in his other WRs plus TEs plus out of the backfield RBs...is it worth the risk to start Moss and have him play DECOY all game? I guess he's still a TD threat. But all season long thats all he's really done anyways... so STARTEM? I guess I'll startem and bitch and moan sunday afternoon if he lays another goose egg. damn injuries! why can't players just take some Feel Goods and get out there and play. Don't they know we all have money on them...argh!!! :-°
tc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Chopper » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:20 pm

Just got this at footballdiehards.com:
lMOSS PRACTICES FRIDAY; UPGRADED TO PROBABLE...

.Written By TFL Report Editor Bob Harris | Posted Friday October 29, 2004 @ 12:15 PT

According to the Associated Press, Randy Moss was upgraded to probable for Sunday's game against the New York Giants after participating in an entire practice for the first time in nearly two weeks.
"That's big," head coach Mike Tice said Friday. "We're pretty excited."

Moss, who strained his right hamstring in a win at New Orleans on Oct. 17, made a token start last week against Tennessee but played just two snaps as a decoy. He is expected to play a larger role against the Giants on Sunday, but according to the AP, "won't be at full strength for at least two more weeks."

The five-time Pro Bowler leads the Vikings with 394 yards receiving and eight touchdowns this season. He's tied with running back Mewelde Moore for the team lead in receptions with 26.

Moss has played in 102 consecutive regular-season games.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby vdragon78 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:21 pm

yup, he's upgraded to probable.....
i think i'm going to take a chance on him this weekend even though i have very capable backups.
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:31 pm

Probable. Sigh. No choice now, I'm putting him in. ;-7
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext