The Handcuffing Myth - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Handcuffing Myth

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Vixtor » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:43 am

Slingblade wrote:whats the deal with your old guy av...you and knownothing dont have something goin on do you?

That "old guy" is Alfred Hitchcock. :-o

Plus, it makes me sound smart.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nero » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:37 am

what the hell...going to vent on piece of crap articles like this...

I HATE when writers use only a subset of data instead of the whole story to make a point. Perhaps they think we are retards and won't know any better.

The one point I will accept is that if your first round pick goes down for the season that's not a good sign but it doesn't mean all hope is lost.

I love how in his very own examples he disregarded Bulger and Mungro as fill in players. Mack's 9 TD should be laughed at?? Wasn't Moe Williams a hero for his 10? It's OBVIOUS that these guys aren't high profile on draft day because they are backups but that does NOT mean that a backup on one team isn't an NFL caliber player or could not be a starter on another team. Most NFL guys start their careers as backups or is that just picking the finer points.

While he never gets to saying it his point is obviously that you're better off taking the Jonathan Wells and Michael Wiley type guys later on since they are more "sure things". What he completely avoids, and this is why he falls flat on his empty head, is the idea that their playing time is limited. Any day of any week I will take a chance on a less talented guy who has more PT ahead of him than a role player (We all ran out to pick up Fenderson/Keaton or Davenport/Fisher last year right?)...and that's what we're really talking about during the middle to late rounds of a fantasy draft. Handcuffing is a proven strategy especially in single back offenses.

This author is an absolute moron. Put this turd in my league and not only will I school him there, I'll teach him how to write. Go ahead and pick Sammy Morris you monkey boy. He sounds like the only guy on the planet that digs RBBC.

The best advice I can give to any fantasy rookie who reads these articles is be VERY careful in filtering what gets to your brain and what you discard. Unfortunately there are a slew of websites now that offer "expert fantasy bla bla". Most of them charge and offer a single opinion that is biased and unchecked. It's a scam...

Come to the Cafe where the real experts are...and we don't charge. Don't believe us? Follow us in the HAFA Experts League...find out why after our draft we were voted to have the best team...BY THE OTHER EXPERT SITES.
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk