The "Mother-in-law" Paradox - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The "Mother-in-law" Paradox

Moderator: Football Moderators

The "Mother-in-law" Paradox

Postby Diablo13 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:45 pm

Have an interesting question to ask.

Many of you may have heard this tale. It is said that you can tell how a girl/girlfriend/wife, will look as time does what it does based on what her biological mother looks like.

Now, let me take a step back a moment. I got a divorce back in 99' and soon thereafter met a girl who I have now lived with for 5 years. She is way out of my league. In my opinion, she looks a lot like Jamie Pressley...only without the Kid Rock attached. She is from Wisconsin and we live in California. I have never met her family and (believe it or not, havn't even seen pictures)...until recently.

Last Month her mom came to visit for a week. Have any of you ever seen Rocky? Do you know who Burt Young is? Her mom had a striking resemblance to Paulie on the Rocky series. Oh my god....what is up with that? I would have at least preferred she looked like Ivan Drego from Rocky IV...but Paulie...her mom???

WOW!

I hope the legend doesn't hold true!

Do any of you have a story about this type of thing, or, on the other hand...a girl with a hot mom?

[/img]
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:00 pm

Wow, I can't say I have good advice but this is definitely a pretty damn funny post. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:23 pm

look at the woman on her fathers side. Just because she is female doesnt mean she gets her dominant genes from her mother. If the woman on the other side are also hideous, PM me and Ill hook you up with some biology reading.

ps-congrats on finding this chick. (does she have a sister? :-b)
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Diablo13 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:34 pm

portisfan24 wrote:look at the woman on her fathers side. Just because she is female doesnt mean she gets her dominant genes from her mother. If the woman on the other side are also hideous, PM me and Ill hook you up with some biology reading.

Unfortunately, her father looks like a cross between Wilferd Brimley and Ron Jeremy. Her sisters look like hobbits. You wouldn't be interested...I hope..lol!

Not sure I would understand the biological aspect of it, but this does make good comparisons to the evolutionary charts.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:44 pm

hmmm. well Im only in grade 12 and wont be going into any biological fields, but some genes are dominant while others are recessive I think the word is. (there are two genes in every pair) so anyway, Ill use one gene for overall hotness (in reality it would be many genes that contribute). But anyways, say the "hotness" gene is recessive. Her father and mother could both have the hotness gene, but as it is recessive it was overpowered by the ugly factor. So it would look like this...
U= ugly (dominant) h= hot (recessive)

Father Mother

Uh Uh

so there are 4 possibilities. because the ugly gene is dominant, any pair with it proves to be ugly. The combinations are UU (Liza Minelli), two Uh's (Kerry Daughters) and the hh (your girlfriend). So, there is a 25 percent chance of her being hot, despite the fact her family is a bunch of ogres. I hope I put this in terms you can understand.

PS- in reality, they use this method to find out probabality of things like colour blindness, heart problems and various diseases.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:03 am

wilford brimley + ron jeremy + burt young = jaime pressley?

:-?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:47 am

awwchrist wrote:wilford brimley + ron jeremy + burt young = jaime pressley?

:-?

That's pretty much how it works :-b

This is why some diseases rarely occur, some children have different eye colours than both of their parents, and some hot chicks have ugly sisters. I've come across this syndrome in the past - shame really, considering the hotness alleles are there, but they're just wasting away in recession.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dihall » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:34 am

I love it!! This post is really making me laugh after all the hockey on some of the other posts! :-b I would say if your girlfriend is already hot, just add some wrinkles and weight and that would be what she will look like, no matter what her parents look like. Good luck!! I hope for your sake that is right!
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:05 am

Diablo13 wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:look at the woman on her fathers side. Just because she is female doesnt mean she gets her dominant genes from her mother. If the woman on the other side are also hideous, PM me and Ill hook you up with some biology reading.

Unfortunately, her father looks like a cross between Wilferd Brimley and Ron Jeremy. Her sisters look like hobbits. You wouldn't be interested...I hope..lol!

Not sure I would understand the biological aspect of it, but this does make good comparisons to the evolutionary charts.

I think that you've solved the mystery. She was obviously adopted or they switched babies in the hospital. Breath a sigh of relief and try not to picture the mother-in-law in your head when you're doing the nasty ;-D

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fntsyrookie » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:04 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Diablo13 wrote:

I think that you've solved the mystery. She was obviously adopted or they switched babies in the hospital. Breath a sigh of relief and try not to picture the mother-in-law in your head when you're doing the nasty ;-D

LOL. I was thinking along these same lines. What does the milkman/postman look like?
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk