The "Mother-in-law" Paradox - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The "Mother-in-law" Paradox

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Arlo » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:09 pm

And now, please send $50 to the good folks at the Cafe to keep us from showing your hot girlfriend what you said about her mom...

(Just kidding! ;-) )

(Maybe... B-) )
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Diablo13 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:32 pm

Arlo wrote:And now, please send $50 to the good folks at the Cafe to keep us from showing your hot girlfriend what you said about her mom...

(Just kidding! ;-) )

(Maybe... B-) )

In this case...
it would be well worth the investment.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:22 pm

Diablo13 wrote:
Arlo wrote:And now, please send $50 to the good folks at the Cafe to keep us from showing your hot girlfriend what you said about her mom...

(Just kidding! ;-) )

(Maybe... B-) )

In this case...
it would be well worth the investment.

Wow, never thought it would be so easy to start a career as a blackmailer! Maybe it's time to give up the fantasy football thing and turn to a life of crime... :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Diablo13 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:42 pm

Arlo wrote:Wow, never thought it would be so easy to start a career as a blackmailer! Maybe it's time to give up the fantasy football thing and turn to a life of crime... :-D

By my calculations, and according to the tracker on the index page, there are 10238 members. At $50 a head, that works out to $511,900.00. I am ok with this amount. If you knew my girlfriends temper...you would understand.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:56 pm

portisfan24 wrote:hmmm. well Im only in grade 12 and wont be going into any biological fields, but some genes are dominant while others are recessive I think the word is. (there are two genes in every pair) so anyway, Ill use one gene for overall hotness (in reality it would be many genes that contribute). But anyways, say the "hotness" gene is recessive. Her father and mother could both have the hotness gene, but as it is recessive it was overpowered by the ugly factor. So it would look like this...
U= ugly (dominant) h= hot (recessive)

Father Mother

Uh Uh

so there are 4 possibilities. because the ugly gene is dominant, any pair with it proves to be ugly. The combinations are UU (Liza Minelli), two Uh's (Kerry Daughters) and the hh (your girlfriend). So, there is a 25 percent chance of her being hot, despite the fact her family is a bunch of ogres. I hope I put this in terms you can understand.

PS- in reality, they use this method to find out probabality of things like colour blindness, heart problems and various diseases.

7th grade science ;-D
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:18 pm

Manja wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:hmmm. well Im only in grade 12 and wont be going into any biological fields, but some genes are dominant while others are recessive I think the word is. (there are two genes in every pair) so anyway, Ill use one gene for overall hotness (in reality it would be many genes that contribute). But anyways, say the "hotness" gene is recessive. Her father and mother could both have the hotness gene, but as it is recessive it was overpowered by the ugly factor. So it would look like this...

Father Mother

Uh Uh

so there are 4 possibilities. because the ugly gene is dominant, any pair with it proves to be ugly. The combinations are UU (Liza Minelli), two Uh's (Kerry Daughters) and the hh (your girlfriend). So, there is a 25 percent chance of her being hot, despite the fact her family is a bunch of ogres. I hope I put this in terms you can understand.

PS- in reality, they use this method to find out probabality of things like colour blindness, heart problems and various diseases.

7th grade science ;-D

7th? wow I learned that in gr 10. here in canada we dont make our students work too hard.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:04 am

portisfan24 wrote:
Manja wrote:

Father Mother

Uh Uh

7th grade science ;-D

7th? wow I learned that in gr 10. here in canada we dont make our students work too hard.

I learned in 9th. America doesn't have great edjimacashun either. Especially not in Cali.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LBJackal » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:43 am

portisfan24 wrote:
Manja wrote:

Father Mother

Uh Uh

7th grade science ;-D

I think they taught me that in grade 9 or 10, but I didn't actually pay attention until grade 11 bio. I seemed to forget everything when I took grade 13 bio and got a 53 :-?

What do you call crossing the alleles, again? Something like a "pungent square"? I dunno, like i said I got a 53 and I'm doing commerce in University... :-b
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Manja » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:10 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:
Manja wrote:

Father Mother

Uh Uh

7th grade science ;-D

I learned in 9th. America doesn't have great edjimacashun either. Especially not in Cali.

I live in Southern Cal... Education is pretty good down here.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:32 pm

lbjackal wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:
Manja wrote:

Father Mother

Uh Uh

7th grade science ;-D

I think they taught me that in grade 9 or 10, but I didn't actually pay attention until grade 11 bio. I seemed to forget everything when I took grade 13 bio and got a 53 :-?

What do you call crossing the alleles, again? Something like a "pungent square"? I dunno, like i said I got a 53 and I'm doing commerce in University... :-b

I think it was named after some guy, but I cant remember who.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk