Terrell Davis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Denver Broncos

Terrell Davis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Terrell Davis

Postby Homeless » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:23 am

Broncos' rookies and veterans report to camp today, but it looks like Terrell Davis won't be staying long. General Manager Ted Sundquist told the Denver Post Wednesday that Davis would probably be waived. "In keeping in touch with Terrell and his agent throughout the offseason, we're not optimistic that he will end up passing his physical," Sundquist said. Davis could be placed on the PUP list or the reserve/PUP list if he isn't waived.

"Unfortunately we kind of expected this would be the outcome," said Davis' agent, Neil Schwartz. "But even though we're no longer bound to the Broncos legally, I've been assured by the Broncos the door is not shut. We can come back there. But now if T.D. can come back it's on his timetable, not some NFL deadline."

Davis underwent microfracture surgery on his left knee last September and only recently was able to resume running. We all appreciate what T.D. has accomplished and everything he's going through to try to make it back for one last shot, but he should not be on anyone's fantasy radar this season.

:,-(
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby yoda83 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:52 pm

he needs to quit buggin the broncos and let it go.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

TD rocks

Postby Stingy D » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:38 am

yoda83 wrote:he needs to quit buggin the broncos and let it go.

T.D. won them two Super Bowls. I hope he can come back.

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: TD rocks

Postby Orange and Blue » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:44 am

Stingy D wrote:

--SD

Nope, he was with them when Elway won them two superbowls. He was a good fit with the ultimate fourth quarter quarterback, though, and owns just about every postseason rushing record he could ever want. He's also one of the ten best rushers of all time, and a case could be made for his initiation into Canton. RBs with shorter careers than his and less impressive numbers have made it, after all.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: TD rocks

Postby Stingy D » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:00 am

Orange and Blue wrote:
Stingy D wrote:

--SD

Nope, he was with them when Elway won them two superbowls. He was a good fit with the ultimate fourth quarter quarterback, though, and owns just about every postseason rushing record he could ever want. He's also one of the ten best rushers of all time, and a case could be made for his initiation into Canton. RBs with shorter careers than his and less impressive numbers have made it, after all.

Yes, that is correct, which explains Elway's previous Super Bowl wins...

Oh, wait. He had none before T.D.

Davis came in and relieved Elway of needing to create everything. Without T.D., Elway is just another Marino: amazing QB, but no Title.

It's sad to see a Denver fan dis T.D. Even I recognize he was the key. And I love watching Denver lose, lose, lose. ;-)
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby yoda83 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:21 pm

i too recognize that davis was THE key for those two super bowl wins. that said, he still needs to QUIT BUGGIN THE BRONCOS AND LET IT GO. it's been 4 years since the injury. that's half an eternity for an nfl RB. Clinny P is running the show now.

and if he finds himself unable to let it go, then he at least needs to go somewhere else to make a comeback. preferably a place WITHOUT a 1500 yd rusher already in the lineup. arizona, tampa bay, new england...
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kamakazi_kal » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:07 pm

man td won me 3 ff titles almot single handed and i for one will miss watching him shread the raiders and every other team in the afc west ..................... and any broncos fan that has 1 bad comment about terrell davis IS NOT A BRONCO FAN........ he was a classy and very non selfish player and i only hope he dosent come back for the simple fact that i want him to still be able to walk in 10 years
kamakazi_kal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Orange and Blue » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:17 am

kamakazi_kal wrote:and any broncos fan that has 1 bad comment about terrell davis IS NOT A BRONCO FAN

TD was, is, and very likely always will be my favorite RB of all time. He's classier than Smith, and more electrifying than Sanders. I also recognize that without Davis the Broncos would not have won either superbowl. The reason I give the superbowl credit to Elway is because of everything he did for the franchise. Terrell Davis or no Terrell Davis, if Elway hadn't taken pay cuts to hire such key free agents as Neil Smith, they would not have won the superbowl. Shannahan was arguably the first coach to win a superbowl through massive spending in the free agent market, rather than through the traditional draft/build method. Also, if Elway hadn't managed to keep the Broncos respectable for so many years, they wouldn't have had those starting blocks that wound up making the #1 offense of all time. As such, I prefer to credit Elway with the Superbowl because of over a decade's worth of work getting them there, rather than Davis because of an amazing two years rushing (and they were amazing... and great fun to watch B-) ). Anyway, I fail to see how calling Davis one of the 10 greatest RBs of all time and saying he deserves a spot in Canton is making a bad comment about TD. Nor did I "dis" TD.

By the way, the difference between Elway and Marino is that Elway was still a great quarterback when it mattered. Besides, Elway managed almost singlehandedly to get the Broncos to 3 different superbowls, while Marino only made one, and that was early on and with a lot of help.

I am sad to see Davis go for more than just nostalgia's sake. From all reports, he and Portis had a very strong mutual respect, and Davis had set out to teach Portis everything he knew. Portis, likewise, wanted nothing more than for Denver fans to one day look back on him and remember the good old days of CP.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby yoda83 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:36 pm

"...more electrifying than SANDERS"?

O&B, you wrote a nice, heartfelt post, but let's not not go overboard.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Denver Broncos