i really need help on this one a.s.a.p - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

i really need help on this one a.s.a.p

Moderator: Football Moderators

i really need help on this one a.s.a.p

Postby jongham » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:45 am

my team

brooks, brunell
curtis martin, lamont jordan,thomas jones, lamar smith, tony richardson
tony gonzalaz,randy moss,james thrash,curtis conway,hines ward,joey jurivious, and marcus pollard
I DO NOT NEED TO START A TIGHT END!!!!
cleaveland defense and david akers as my kicker

i got offered i give him thomas jones,tony gonzalez, and curtis conway
for chris chanbers, michael pittman, and quincy morgan should i take it i need help right away any feedback is very very helpful thanx
jongham

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Vikings » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:54 am

I'd do it if you don't need to start a TE
Vikings
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:54 am

no

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:58 am

your weak at rb and your only gettin pittman who will concead the td's to alstott...stay wehre your at or offer up hines ward or thrashthis week. or a blockbuster trade with your top wr..gonzalez is strong enough to starrt in place of a wr

Postby w0lphman » Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:14 pm

NO WAY
w0lphman

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:52 pm

I disagree with all of the previous posts. You win if you make this trade because:

(1) You get an upgrade at RB that you DESPERATELY need;
(2) People may argue that Pittman is not an upgrade from TJones; but, I believe he is. TB just needed a little time to get used to Gruden's offense... they're startig to do that. Pittman's had some hammy problems that have already gotten better and will continue to do so every day. TJones has been horrible for the past 2.5 years... one great game doesn't erase that. The Cardinals have the Rams and 49ers in their division... they'll have tp be pass happy just to play catchup.... when they're behind by 20+ pts they aren't exactly going to continually feed the ball to TJones and eat the clock... he'll be lucky to see 8 carries in the 2nd half of some of those games...... get rid of TJones while he still has some value.
(3) I think Gonzo/Conway has more value than Chambers/Mprgan; but, not that much more..... and out of that pair, you only need to start one (if you start 2WR's) to go along with MOss. Even if you start 3 WR's, you can throw Thrash in there. On the other hand, Pittman is (or at least will be imho) a marked improvement from TJones....... AND, Pittman may end the year as your most valuable RB in CNartin's health stays a concern......... I would do the trade in a heartbeat. You already have Moss and Thrash; but, you desperately need another RB..... get rid of TJones while he has value.... acquire Pittman before his value goes sky-high.

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:39 pm

My first question to you would be, if you don't need to play TEs, why do you have Marcus Pollard?? Dump that guy and get another RB. Another wasted slot is Tony Richardson, get rid of him also.

As far as the trade goes, I wouldn't do it. I'd keep Gonzo, as he scores just as much as a #2 WR. Chambers is good, but Conway is outplaying him right now. Morgan is hot/cold right now, so he's risky. Getting Pittman for Jones would be ok... Especially for this week, but I don't know about the rest of the season.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk