Who gets traded in offseason? Minnesota RB Poll. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who gets traded in offseason? Minnesota RB Poll.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which RB starts somewhere else next season?

Onterrio Smith
24%
Michael Bennett
73%
Mewelde Moore
3%

Total votes : 63

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:41 am

Flux wrote:2 ideas

1) trade Bennett and O. Smith and keep Moore as the starter and Moe as the red zone RB

2) Trade all of them and then sign Edge or Rudi or Henry in the offseason

I don't think Edge is going anywhere... I think it's become plain as day that Manning can work well with just about any receiver... He's been killing folks with Wayne and Stokely... Personally, I feel that in that offense, Harrison is the more expendable commodity....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:42 am

The Vikings should trade Bennett while they can, because he is never going to stay healthy. Moore is just destroying right now, and he has a cheap contract. He also went to an awesome college in Tulane. (I love those bad schools in college football.)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:45 am

The biggest problem with a deal will be the influx of RB's on the market this year. Alexander, Edge, Rudi, likely Henry....where does Bennett or anyone else stack up against them. They can get 3 of the above without having to give up a draft pick to get them. Makes it a little tougher sell.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:45 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I don't think Edge is going anywhere... I think it's become plain as day that Manning can work well with just about any receiver... He's been killing folks with Wayne and Stokely... Personally, I feel that in that offense, Harrison is the more expendable commodity....

I don't know if I agree there. Manning is a good QB, but even when Harrison isn't catching the ball he's important. He's going to draw the #1 CB for the opposition and probably one or two other guys when they are playing zone. This leaves Wayne, Stokely, whoever in single coverage that Manning reads and reacts to. Without Marv there, the defenses would be able to play more straight up defense and give Peyton some headaches in finding an open guy.

If anyone goes, I'd say it's the Edge.

So as not to hijack this thread, I started another one on this topic...

;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hammerwx » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:00 pm

Bennett is out. Heard he was on his way out after the 2nd knee injury. The guy cannot stay healthy. Won't get much for him because of the injury history.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby King Tim » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:05 pm

I don't think anyone gets traded. Bennett could get cut....does he even have any trade value? Tice likes the depth.
Chris Mortensen: You can make a case for both QBs (Marino @ Elway) when talking about the "greatest ever", but in terms of just physical talent, John Elway was hands-down the most gifted quarterback who has ever played football.
King Tim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mad_llama » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:05 pm

I think it has to be Onterrio Smith. Don't think they will be able to move Bennett with his injury history and if they sit Smith when he comes back he will want to get out. There's no way they get rid of moore though.
mad_llama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:00 pm

Michael Bennett knows the feeling. Because of Moore's dominant play, Bennett got only one carry for no yards when he returned from a right knee injury in last week's 20-3 victory over Tennessee.

"I'd like to get more this week," Bennett said, "but I'm not going to get my hopes up like I did last week."

Moore will start against the Giants on Sunday. Smith said he thinks he should start the following week at Indianapolis.

"But if I don't, what can I say?" Smith said. "I put myself in this situation. Whatever opportunities I get, I'll be sure to take full advantage of it."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5058200.html

Let the soap opera begin!!! But to answer the question I would agree that Moore has the greatest value and probably the least talent of the bunch. Onterrio is pretty cheap as well I imagine. Get rid of Bennett however you can and let him reside on another teams injury report.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby shockandawe_ffc » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:42 pm

Bennett may have fallen out of favor and is now relegated to returning kicks and punts but that's relative to his fallen trade value. I don't think anyone will want him- they may be able to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him at best.

O Smith on the other hand may get Tice some value back. They can certainly use another DB opposite Winfield or a more experienced linebacker. I think their front four is solid and starting to jell after spending what- 3 first round picks in the last 4 drafts on Hovan, Williams and Udeze.

I can see Carolina, Miami using some running back support and they got some talent on the defense to trade away.
shockandawe_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LBJackal » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:17 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:I say trade them all. They could make any rookie work in that system.

Agreed. This is the same as Denver; put in somebody competent enough to be in the NFL, and 50% of the time they'll turn into T.Davis, Mike Anderson, Portis, Bennett, Onterrio, Mewelde, etc. The other 50% you'll get Gary, Moe Williiams, Q-Tip, or whatever

Portis isn't nearly as good as his 5.5 YPC suggested. Moore and Onterrio aren't nearly as good as they are playing. Just trade them all and get a RB like Suggs or somebody not doing much. Or draft another one. Put Priest Holmes on Atlanta, he'd get 75 YDS/G and half the TD's he gets in KC.

When you're in a system like this, and you have a RB that does something like Portis, Moore, Onterrio, etc, you trade them. They aren't that good but you get value for them as if they are that good.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk