The #1 question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The #1 question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:32 am

I could throw a dart blindfolded at LT, Portis, Williams, Faulk, and Holmes and feel fantastic about any of the choices. I would choose Faulk. And for your information, Christ, in order to insure competitive balance in my league, we don’t allow any one team to have James Stewart.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tjhksig » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:15 am

Billybob336459 wrote:I gotta go with Mcnabb, he is gonna get more russing yards than Viick and he will have great passing stats. I think you gotta go with a good QB first not a RB there are a lot of good RB's

Hmm, not a good 1st post, BillyRay (or whatever).

That statement about RB's shows you can't even BUY a clue you're so lost......
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:34 am

With the #1 overall, I'd take Ricky, then LT. LT has a very tough schedule, especially to start with.

After those 2, I think there are options, and I think McNabb is a decent one at #3. I'm not saying I'd do it, but I don't agree with absolutely not taking a QB in the first round. There's 2 consensus top 2 picks (Ricky, LT). There's another 2-5 who could be #1 overall but are the likely next tier to go (Faulk, Holmes, Portis, Alexander, McAllister). Henry is probably the next best choice, followed by Edge, Ahman, Freddy. The next 6-8 guys should be solid starters, but shouldn't be your #1.

McNabb, Vick, Owens, Harrison, Moss going with picks 3-7 would be a mild surprise. More likely they start going around pick 8-9. If the top 15 guys I mentioned all go (Moss eliminated) with the first 15 picks, I would not go with a QB until at least pick 8 or 9. You could still get a serviceable #1 RB, and a solid #2 RB in the 3rd round.

I would not take a QB or WR other than McNabb, Vick, Owens, Harrison, or Moss in the first 3 rounds. You will likely have to take them in the first or 2nd. If you take one of those 5, I'd take 2 RB's assuming they are good quality.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LeftyQB » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:03 am

If I had the first pick I'd have to go with LT, with Ricky very close behind. LT based on pure talent and durability and Ricky based on the supporting cast. Close behind is Portis, Faulk and Deuce...I'm not convinced Holmes is 100% ...yet.
LeftyQB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Smashmouth » Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:21 am

I would probably go with Ricky Williams with LT a close second.
There is more depth at QB than RB this year so I don't plan on taking a QB until round 4 or 5 possibly.
Smashmouth
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Confluence » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:09 pm

In a traditional league, I would go with any of the top 5 RBs. If I had to pick today... I'd go with LT.
blue 42 zip 3 razor
Confluence
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby schachterGOFINS » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:09 pm

If league has rec worth 1 point ill go with LT but if not Rickys ma boy ...then portis faulk alexander preist deuce
schachterGOFINS
Water Boy
Water Boy

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk