Football Predicts the Election - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Football Predicts the Election

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby rohbshop » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:22 am

i cant believe people actually support Bush at this point, especially if they keep up with current events. I dont think we've had a president thats screwed up more in the history of our country than Bush has. I guess catering to special interest groups will garner votes tho :-°

Skins win, Kerry wins, and the trend ends ;-D
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DC Disaster » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:06 pm

I don't think catering to the special interest groups rests on Bush's shoulders alone. All polititions do the same thing cater to the interests that have their view Bush does it, Kerry does it Clinton did it, they all do it. To be honest I'm not totally happy with either party. Big gov't getting bigger no matter who wins. I truely believe Bush is a good man though.

I know its hard to have a man of faith and principle in the White House. A man who makes decisions according to what he feels is right for the country and not "because she was there". The economy is taking off, we are winning a slow and winnable war and we have had NO scandles in the White House in 4 years. If thats what you call screwing up, I'll take every election.
If your not looking to trade, your not looking to win.
DC Disaster
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saundman2000 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:14 pm

Hmmm. I hope Portis still posts a C-Note even in the Redskin's loss.

Brett Favre, the fate of the free world rests upon your throwing arm!!!! No pressure!!!
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TwoTallBeers » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:18 pm

I know its hard to have a man of faith and principle in the White House. A man who makes decisions according to what he feels is right for the country and not "because she was there". The economy is taking off, we are winning a slow and winnable war and we have had NO scandles in the White House in 4 years. If thats what you call screwing up, I'll take every election.

I thought the war on terror was un-winnable, oh wait that changed just like the reason why we went to Iraq.

As for the economy, I guess you're one of the lucky few who Cheney was talking about when he said the 'economic figures fail to capture booming industires like ebay.'

If we're counting on Ebay, I'm betting the packers large!
TwoTallBeers
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bungle613 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:26 pm

DC Disaster wrote:If the Skins don't win, I'm moving to Cancoon. If the Skins loose and Kerry wins there will be no need to move to Canada b/c we will be the same country. Scaaaaaaaaarrrrrryyyyyy

We don't want ya ;-)
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rohbshop » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:43 pm

DC Disaster wrote:I don't think catering to the special interest groups rests on Bush's shoulders alone. All polititions do the same thing cater to the interests that have their view Bush does it, Kerry does it Clinton did it, they all do it. To be honest I'm not totally happy with either party. Big gov't getting bigger no matter who wins. I truely believe Bush is a good man though.

I disagree. Check out CNN's front page today and you'll find a scandal regarding Haliburton, and the FBI investigating. I forget her name, but i think it was Ms. Greenhouse who was in charge of approving the contract bid, in anycase she supposedly is willing to cooperate with the FBI as long as they protect her from the backlash from the White House for blowing the whistle. This administration is so politically crooked its sad. In fact i'm pretty sure you'll find another article how the economy isnt taking off as much as expected. Unless its fallen off the front page, but i'm sure you can find those articles under 'national' news.

I also disagree about both catering to special interest groups, not saying Kerry doesnt at all, but not nearly to the degree Bush does. Big business supports Bush partly because hes not as pro-environment as Kerry is, and they arent going to spend millions of dollars trying to meet epa standards or some other gov regulatory standards under Bush. He caters to big companies and rich people, while Kerry is pretty much the opposite. Bush also caters to religious groups, from his stance on gay marriages to his stance on stem cell research(which imo should be a HUGE issue for everyone, since one persons religion should not take precedence over the evolution of medicine). Not to mention Bush's stance on pro-life. Its just not right that one persons religious views dictates how a country is run, albeit he does gain those voters that will vote for him on those issues in particular and not anything else(special interest groups)

I mean cant people see how poorly Iraq has been handled, and how much of a mess it is? Its just crazy that he rushed us into that war when we were already chasing Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. He didnt try and work with the U.N. and acted unilaterally, and now the rest of the world doesnt even want to help rebuild Iraq out of fear, while we're left with a few allies who have committed much fewer troops than we have. Poland has already talked about pulling out their troops by the end of 2005. The Bush Administration doesnt know how to act diplomatically, and anytime their criticized for that, they try and turn it by exxagerating it to an extreme, and say "we're not asking other countries permission to protect our country". Theres something said for respecting the thoughts of other countries, and its no wonder why we're hated more now around the world than we ever have been. Its also no wonder why other countries dont want to work with us at this point.

I can go on and on with this, but all i see from the Bush Administration is exxageration and twisting the truths. Did you watch the debates? Please dont tell me Bush came across as a competent President. Hes probably the worst speaking President we've ever had, and loves to slouch. And all he did was reiterate catch phrases over and over again, he rarely addressed the actual points.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jjigglers » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:43 pm

On lighter notes, GO PACK GO! (and ahman score a TD while you're at it) ;-D

MB - I sincerely apologize for editing your post. It was a blunder on my part (hit the wrong button). Please repost with my apologies again. :,-(
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rusman » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:21 pm

This administration is so politically crooked its sad.

How the hell can you say that? EVERY administration is crooked. EVERY administration gives jobs and government money to their friends. It's how the world works, open your eyes.

At this point, it's "Do I pick the devil I know, or the devil I don't know?". By voting Bush, I know what will happen the next 4 years. Kerry is a big, scary question mark.
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Previous

Return to Football Talk