Anyone read Scott Engel's fantasy advice? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone read Scott Engel's fantasy advice?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:25 pm

I noticed that and thought it was ridiculous. There is a MARKED difference between accepting something you were approached about, and trying to peddle bs trades.

If people were mad, you could always be like "hey, he offered it to me"

I don't think that guy is that clever, nor creative. His analagy was inapt as well.

Reputation is important, but it is also something more subtle and indirect. He thinks reputation is going to carry you to the top or something.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:38 pm

That guy's a moron and illiterate. I bet he'd say something like to bench Culpepper because it'd form an unfair advantage to the team you're playing that week.

Bogus advice, I'd expect a little more out of ESPN... especially since they're charging $20 for some advice now. :-t
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cooner » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:07 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I noticed that and thought it was ridiculous. There is a MARKED difference between accepting something you were approached about, and trying to peddle bs trades.

this is a good point. like some others have mentioned, i'm in a league with friends- we love ragging on the guy who gets the short end of a lopsided trade. On the other hand, the guy who tends to get people to do these lopsided trades has found it harder and harder to get ANY trade, fair or not, as people know he's good at making a poor trade sound good for your team and now try to avoid trading with him.

But if you get offered a trade, unless it's due to complete inexperience (like being offered Marshall Faulk for Pat Kerney when i indicated i was interested in faulk), it's all fair game.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk