Who gets to be a Colt next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who gets to be a Colt next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:17 pm

bungle613 wrote:Someone made an excellent point in a Vikes RB thread about dealing all the Viking RB's and building a D.

That would be me... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:19 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Someone made an excellent point in a Vikes RB thread about dealing all the Viking RB's and building a D.

That would be me... ;-D

are you two brothers?
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:25 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:

That would be me... ;-D

yeah, yeah... i know who it was. ;-)
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:30 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

That would be me... ;-D

are you two brothers?

Not that I know of.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Estarr01 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:32 pm

I agree with the idea that Rhodes could take over at RB and put up compribable numbers, not the same, but good enough to keep D's honest though. I don't think though that they would be the same offense if Marvin wasn't on the team. The double teams are enough to justify his contract. I also don't believe that #1 WR's grow on trees, if you've seen one trend it's that top QB's all have top WR's and without that #1 WR an offense just isn't the same. Examples of this are:

Duante (Moss)
McNabb (Owens)

on a lower scale
Kitna (CJ)
Hassleback (D Jax)
Bulger (Holt)
Favre (Walker)
Carr (AJ)
Harrington (Roy)

You especially notice a trend on the up and coming QB's, they need a top WR to become great. I guess the player that has made this theory more than obvious to me is Joey Ballgame in Det. without a top WR he's been considered a bust, but you bring in Roy boy and he's a competent passer, remember how bad harrington did the game R. Williams was out because of his ankle injury. I would also like to point out that Harrington is doing this without a legit running game.

Point being is that it is more essential to have a top WR in an offense than a top RB, therefore I think it would be better for the Colts to pay for Harrison then it would for them to keep James.
Estarr01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:37 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

That would be me... ;-D

are you two brothers?

Not that I know of.

Pat...is it really you. I haven't seen you in years! How's mom?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby King Colt » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:51 pm

Bill Polian has been pretty adamant that both Harrison and James will be in Colts uniforms next season. He hasn't really outlined his plan for doing so, but I have some guesses.

There have been published reports of progress on a long term deal with Marvin. Marvin has also publicly stated that he would be willing to take a paycut to stay with the Colts. Can you think of any other QB that you would rather have throw to you?

I also think that the career QB/WR records are somewhat important to both Manning & Harrison, and they have a great chance to rewrite the books in that area. They are great friends and they are creating a legacy together.

All indications look positive for Marvin's return to the team. Wayne & Stokley have been very productive this year, but it's 75% because of the attention Marvin gets.

As for James, he could then be franchised to keep him for at least another season, after which he would have been in the league for 7 seasons and 2 operations. That's well past the shelf life for most RB's. At least the surgeries kept him from taking too many hits, so that could prolong his usefulness a bit.

He has also publicly stated that he loves being a Colt, despite his disdain for the cold winter weather in Indy. He has utmost respect for Irsay and Polian, even going so far as to call them 'cool'. Although he lives in Miami, who in their right mind would want to play for that team, behind that line? He knows that situation stinks.

What's bad is that the money thrown into these two will assuredly keep our defense towards the bottom of the league. There's not much we can do about it at this point, since we've already taken the offensive course. Might as well see it through.
King Colt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:52 pm

King Colt wrote:Bill Polian has been pretty adamant that both Harrison and James will be in Colts uniforms next season. He hasn't really outlined his plan for doing so, but I have some guesses.

There have been published reports of progress on a long term deal with Marvin. Marvin has also publicly stated that he would be willing to take a paycut to stay with the Colts. Can you think of any other QB that you would rather have throw to you?

I also think that the career QB/WR records are somewhat important to both Manning & Harrison, and they have a great chance to rewrite the books in that area. They are great friends and they are creating a legacy together.

All indications look positive for Marvin's return to the team. Wayne & Stokley have been very productive this year, but it's 75% because of the attention Marvin gets.

As for James, he could then be franchised to keep him for at least another season, after which he would have been in the league for 7 seasons and 2 operations. That's well past the shelf life for most RB's. At least the surgeries kept him from taking too many hits, so that could prolong his usefulness a bit.

He has also publicly stated that he loves being a Colt, despite his disdain for the cold winter weather in Indy. He has utmost respect for Irsay and Polian, even going so far as to call them 'cool'. Although he lives in Miami, who in their right mind would want to play for that team, behind that line? He knows that situation stinks.

What's bad is that the money thrown into these two will assuredly keep our defense towards the bottom of the league. There's not much we can do about it at this point, since we've already taken the offensive course. Might as well see it through.

really good info ;-D
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:27 pm

Estarr01 wrote:I agree with the idea that Rhodes could take over at RB and put up compribable numbers, not the same, but good enough to keep D's honest though. I don't think though that they would be the same offense if Marvin wasn't on the team. The double teams are enough to justify his contract. I also don't believe that #1 WR's grow on trees, if you've seen one trend it's that top QB's all have top WR's and without that #1 WR an offense just isn't the same. Examples of this are:

Duante (Moss)
McNabb (Owens)

on a lower scale
Kitna (CJ)
Hassleback (D Jax)
Bulger (Holt)
Favre (Walker)
Carr (AJ)
Harrington (Roy)

You especially notice a trend on the up and coming QB's, they need a top WR to become great. I guess the player that has made this theory more than obvious to me is Joey Ballgame in Det. without a top WR he's been considered a bust, but you bring in Roy boy and he's a competent passer, remember how bad harrington did the game R. Williams was out because of his ankle injury. I would also like to point out that Harrington is doing this without a legit running game.

Point being is that it is more essential to have a top WR in an offense than a top RB, therefore I think it would be better for the Colts to pay for Harrison then it would for them to keep James.

KC's offense is awesome and they dont have any wr let alone a #1. i agree #1 wr's are hard to find but with manning they really dont need a #1. i believe any third wr who could catch would be a decent fantasy option even if wayne and stokley were 1 and 2 respectively. i believe if you have a top qb and a great offensive line it doesnt matter who runs or catches as long as they can run or catch.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:47 pm

They should let both of them walk, sign a bunch of great defenders, and walk into the playoffs.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk