Who gets to be a Colt next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who gets to be a Colt next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:13 pm

1. If Culpepper and McNabb and even Pennington have monster deals then Peyton deserves to have his enormous contract.

2. I say let Edge go, someone stated earlier that its easier to come across a big time reciever than a big time RB. i have to disagree with that. There are fewer moss, harrison, To type recievers than there are top tier RB's IMO. there best player is Peyton and therefore i tink there offence should be pass first and taht big time pass offence will open up the running game any half decent back they put in.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:06 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Henry could probably be had by the Colts for a 3rd round pick, I'd definetly spend a 3rd round pick on a 1-year rental of Travis Henry if I lost Edge.
It's not a matter of giving up a draft pick, it's a financial issue. Travis Henry isn't going to come cheap, he's going to command similar $s as Edge. Why would they want to pony up similar coin to a RB who would be new to their system when they could keep Edge in town?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:27 pm

MadScott wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Henry could probably be had by the Colts for a 3rd round pick, I'd definetly spend a 3rd round pick on a 1-year rental of Travis Henry if I lost Edge.
It's not a matter of giving up a draft pick, it's a financial issue. Travis Henry isn't going to come cheap, he's going to command similar $s as Edge. Why would they want to pony up similar coin to a RB who would be new to their system when they could keep Edge in town?

Travis Henry is signed through next year (and I highly doubt it is at Edge type money. This is a team that is thinking Super Bowl. I don't know that I see them giving the running game over to Rhodes. By tradeing for Henry, they could let Edge go and still have a proven runner on the roster for one more run at the Super Bowl. Frankly, I haven't seen enough of Henry to know how well he would fit in Indy's OFF. For that matter, I haven't seen enough of Rhodes to know if he is the real deal. I'm not pretending to be a talent scout, I just wonder if Henry isn't a good financial compromise between James and Rhodes.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:40 pm

MadScott wrote:

Were Peyton and Travis at Tennessee during the same time? or was Peyton there before Travis?

If there overlapped on a year or two, maybe they developed a rapport already.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:01 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Were Peyton and Travis at Tennessee during the same time? or was Peyton there before Travis?

If there overlapped on a year or two, maybe they developed a rapport already.
They may have had some time together at UT but probably not much as Manning is about 2 years older than Henry. Henry would have been a Freshman or Sophomore in Manning's last year. That being said, I suppose Manning may have taken him under his wing somewhat.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk